One-Day Winter Beer Sale (extract only!?!)

Just got the email about the NB one-day 15% off winter beer sale on all the strong and dark styles (some of my favs) but to my dismay, clicked the link only to find the extract versions of these beers…DAMN!

Just to make sure, I tried going through the website, choosing the Black IPA, which was one of the ones listed, and entering the coupon code…invalid

AARggh! after all the money I’ve spent at NB upgrading to all-grain, to face such discrimination!!! (shakes fist in the air in mock outrage!)

…but seriously, what’s up with that?

it works (now?) but the discount isn’t right. Not at 15%
(edit) Nope your right, went back and not it won’t take it.

Raise the extract kit prices by 15% then offer 15% off…GENIUS!

:cheers:

^hahaha

Got myself the Black IPA couldnt resist the “savings”

[quote=“beerme11”]^hahaha

Got myself the Black IPA couldnt resist the “savings”[/quote]
Awesome Beer, BTW! Still got this on tap and I try to limit myself to one per day.
I let mine age about 3 months before dry hopping so I could let those dark malts mellow.

[quote=“mvsawyer”][quote=“beerme11”]^hahaha

Awesome Beer, BTW! Still got this on tap and I try to limit myself to one per day.
I let mine age about 3 months before dry hopping so I could let those dark malts mellow.[/quote]

Did you ever drink it younger than three months? Im just wondering I’f you noticed a big change in taste compared to around 6 weeks? I let my first batch go six weeks and just that was pretty tough. Maybe ill hide a few from my self this time so i can find out

[quote=“beerme11”][quote=“mvsawyer”][quote=“beerme11”]^hahaha

I let mine age about 3 months before dry hopping so I could let those dark malts mellow.[/quote]

Did you ever drink it younger than three months? Im just wondering I’f you noticed a big change in taste compared to around 6 weeks? I let my first batch go six weeks and just that was pretty tough. Maybe ill hide a few from my self this time so i can find out[/quote]
I knew that with all the darkness it was going to take awhile to mellow so I didn’t taste it young. It’s still in your face but I like my IPA’s to offend me.

Maybe they just want to move some dark malt extract that is getting slightly aged??? I also wonder if they make a bit more money on extract kits???

Just a few things that came to my mind. Sometimes they have these silly sales that are upsetting because they don’t apply to you. Earlier this year they had a buy one get one free wine kit sale so I decided I’d start making wine. Unfortunately, this was only an online sale and even after calling them and begging to let me come and get it (I live ten minutes away) they insisted it was online only I needed to place an order and pay shipping which was $30-40 for something that heavy. All in all, shouldn’t complain because I got $220 (more if you count shipping) worth of wine kits for $110.