OMG! That's Nasty!

On my last brew day, I made a Belgian ale. It was getting late by the time I finished up so I left the spent grain in the mash tun out on the back patio to clean up in the morning. Fast forward 2 weeks and I’m getting my equipment ready for another brew day and ‘where the heck is my cooler?’ Oh crap!! After 2 weeks sitting outside in the 70 and 80 degree temps, it was pretty nasty! Moldy and smelled horrible. So, after scrubbing with bleach, soaking in PBW and more rinsing than I can count, I think I’m ready to brew a couple days after my original plan. Lesson learned. I’ll never do that again. Wow!

Ohh wow, that could not have been fun. Yeah, regardless of how tired or intoxicated I am at the end of the brew day, I always force myself to clean all my gear. Seems like the job is twice as bad with each day you put it off.

Happened to me when I let someone brew on my equipment. A kettle of boiling water and a cup of vinegar neutralized the smell, but that was after only two or three days.

I hate just throwing away the bag of spent grains sitting in my garage for a couple of days, I can’t imagine what that sour mess smelled like!

there should be an emoticon for puking

[quote=“moose”]I hate just throwing away the bag of spent grains sitting in my garage for a couple of days, I can’t imagine what that sour mess smelled like!

there should be an emoticon for puking[/quote]

Like this?

I used to run a forum for a gaming clan, they fell apart about a year ago but I still have all the stuff.

[quote=“lil_Blue_Ford”][quote=“moose”]I hate just throwing away the bag of spent grains sitting in my garage for a couple of days, I can’t imagine what that sour mess smelled like!

Like this?

I used to run a forum for a gaming clan, they fell apart about a year ago but I still have all the stuff.

[/quote]

awesome. any of those available somewhere to download to an iphone?

[quote=“lil_Blue_Ford”][quote=“moose”]I hate just throwing away the bag of spent grains sitting in my garage for a couple of days, I can’t imagine what that sour mess smelled like!

Like this?

[/quote]

awesome. any of those available somewhere to download to an iphone?

[quote=“dannyboy58”][quote=“lil_Blue_Ford”][quote=“moose”]I hate just throwing away the bag of spent grains sitting in my garage for a couple of days, I can’t imagine what that sour mess smelled like!

Like this?

[/quote]

awesome. any of those available somewhere to download to an iphone?[/quote]

No idea. I collected a ton of smilies over the years, I compressed them into a .rar file so I could email it and whatnot, IIRC that’s how you have to upload them to a web forum (of course, you have to have full admin privileges to install them so they can be used). Shoot me a PM with your email and I’ll send over what I have if you want it, they’re all .gif and the like once you unzip the file.

[quote=“lil_Blue_Ford”]
Like this? [/quote]
That’s about right. But on the plus side, the cooler is probably cleaner now than it’s ever been :mrgreen: