Old timers corner

McEwans Export IPA… A few pale Ales… I thought that Anchor Liberty was an IPA…
Sneezles61

1 Like

What was popular on the menu? We stopped in a place last week and it was in a building i worked in as a cook back on 73. Waitress said they found a menu from then. Twin lobster $10

1 Like

Sandwich shop (but not a hamburger joint)…I had their Reuben when I went, stacked. We would take our friends visiting from Cincinnati their because they had Little Kings and Christian Moerlein.

Florida, at that time did not have a single craft or small production brewery…
Only (3?) tiny brewpubs(McGuire s in Pensacola, and 2 tiny outfits elsewhere),listed here: List of breweries in Florida - Wikipedia

1 Like

Suppose you could make a visit to each brewery and get a sticker to apply to yer brew room?
Sneezles61

yeah, you could wallpaper my brewing space with them…over 300 breweries listed for FL on another site. … the number of breweries exploded in FL(and just about everywhere in US) after 2010…Due to improved legislation easing restrictions, and driven by consumer interest in craft(which has somewhat cooled now…a lot of interest in distilled spirits down here in Fl)

However…We have had 4 breweries shutter here in the past year…Lost Shirt, Quarters, Beach Fly, and (possibly temporary) Cocoa Beach Brewing co.

Ya know… This might be an interesting undertaking… Plaster brewery stickers all over me keezer… Freez-mentor… It will involve over nights at many… Once lock down is cleared… During the week when the “working class” has to keep their sticks on the ice… I could look at it like this… We are doing our part to help those getting their businesses’ back up and running…
Sneezles61

I was doing that with my chest freezer/lagering unit. Had a fair number on it when it crapped out after only two years of use…

1 Like