Oktoberfest thread

Me do like melodian

The Sam OK to beer fest commercial cracks me up.

1 Like

For our final night in Chicago, we went to the Berghoff for their first night of Oktoberfest. This was delicious.

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

Really nice Version of the Festbier style if you can find it. Recommended…

5 Likes

…….and a good representation of the Maerzen type of O fest. Described as rustic by some …… definitely full bodied.

3 Likes

Haven’t been too impressed this year. Even been hard to find around here….

Hmmmm.
They were later than usual here too……trucking shortage? Things definitely piling up on the left coast.

Seems the stuff I order from the west side shows up fast… stuff from the east side takes a few more days…
We have only local O-fest stuff… Not a bad thing… just like more options to tease the pallet…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Just nabbed a sixer Sierra Nevada myself. Also grabbed some Great Lakes Oktoberfest to sample. My cousin found Genessee Oktoberfest for $8.99/12 pack, said it was pretty tasty, haven’t been able to find that one myself yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rad

2 Likes

Nabbed an Oktoberfest sampler pack from Tavour.

This is a solid Marzen, I’ve not had a bad beer by Lupulin.

Rad

2 Likes

Continue to work through my Tavour Ofest pack:

Oachkatzlschwoaf by Urban Chestnut, a good Marzen should be unpronounceable! :joy: This is just about perfect for a Marzen for me.

Rad

1 Like

I think O-katz is good enough name…
Sneezles61

Had multiple Oktoberfest style beers in Asheville NC, from Asheville brewing, Bhramari(pictured), Highland, Hi-Wire, etc…this week now back in Fl and planning to (finally) tap my Oktoberfest(Novemberfest soon) this weekend…possibly Sunday for the NFL games.

Uggh. Still near 90* here. Missing those 37* mornings and trail running along the French Broad river.

Also got to visit the White Labs location in Asheville😁

2 Likes

Snag any yeast to take home?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Thought about it, but didn’t take a cooler or ice with me on our traipse across town. White Labs is somewhat off trek from all the other breweries/restaurants in the AVL. I did look at their yeast lab and selection for next time though…

1 Like

Caught up and completed my “hurry up, its gonna freeze” stuff…
Its brew day! And yes… O-fest… perhaps it should be… O-dear, its late…
Sneezles61
EDIT: a bit of struggling… pH meter was damp… not wet… rehydrate… recalibrate … works!
Sure seemed to take a long time to get my strike water up to temp too…:no_mouth:
Stepped mash… 145F… now up to 158F…
Not a full 10 gallon batch… Pull off 5.5 for the fest… water down the rest and it’ll be a snowblower Say-Son… hopefully… :grin:
EDIT…again:
5.5 gallons fest 1.058
4 gallons Say-Son 1.031
D U N…:sunglasses:
Next day EDIT: Say-son under 1.020!! The fest brew is a bit cool… 60*F I’ll need to open the lid let it warm up and get the yeast going… that is being done with a spunding valve… just because…

2 Likes

So here is the Oktoberfest I brewed a bit late but tapped about 2 weeks ago and clearing nicely. Malt forward, bready and crisp.

3 Likes

That is a nice looking brew

1 Like

Well i didn’t brew an Octoberfest beer this year unfortunately. My daughter and familyis flying in and invited friends and family in October so party on. I do have a wiesbier going into a keg tomorrow that will have to do. Looking at @voodoo_donut s offering from last season makes my mouth water. I think I have all the ingredients except maybe some lager yeast. Anyone else brew one

1 Like

Nope… I’m such a loser…
BUT, I’ve been sampling 6-ers… Spaten O-fest is quite tasty…
Bells is second…
I bet yer wiess will do quite well… creamy, glass laced swigs of brew…
Sneezles61