Off Flavors from Break Material - can they be good?

I’ve been reading about the level of hot and cold break in the fermenter. Many people state the break materials can yield off flavors but I can’t find a good source describing the off flavors.

Further, is it possible the ‘off flavors’ might actually add something beneficial to some beers. Obviously if you trying to brew a clean pilsner, that’s one thing but lets say you are brewing a sub 4% bitter. Is it possible you could get some desired complexity & fruitiness by making sure the break material stays with the wort?

I would also think some yeasts respond differently to break.

I’m trying to decide if it could ever be preferred to ferment directly in the kettle (assuming you remove the hops) because you can best utilize the break.

I have always subscribed to the ideology that their are real benefits to removing trub as it is general practice in commercial realms why should it differ for home brewers?

Here is a quote taken from a British Supply group similar to a US north country/ Brewers supply.

“The removal of trub
Excess trub (Nitrogenous compounds) allowed through to the FV can cause problems by:
• coating the yeast, leading to poor fermentation’s…(Seems like a good reason)
• Much reduced final beer stability…(Seems like an even better reason, IE: biological stability!)
• Finings difficulties”…(Depends if you care about clarity)

Just my two cents. Its not really difficult to reduce trub transfer from kettle, simply whirlpool and use a siphon from the side of the kettle if no ball valve/ diptube.