Rythmic rapid bubbling sound,
Faint whiff of young beer;
Breeze rising from the airlock.

I love it when it happens like this!

[quote=“harpdog”]Rythmic rapid bubbling sound,
Faint whiff of young beer;
Breeze rising from the airlock.

I love it when it happens like this![/quote]

Thats funny! My wife calls me a dork when i stand over my carboy with my nose up to the airlock just waiting for the next bubble to get a wiff of that greatness!

Up close, I actually can feel a breeze coming up from the airlock lid. Probably not good to inhale too deeply. Lots of CO2 being made in there!

Entered my fermenting freezer yesterday evening to check on a lager that’s been in there a couple of weeks. It’s still bubbling away but I couldn’t read the temp on the side. I stuck my head down to check and after about 10 seconds I had to pull my head out and take deep breaths. I think another 10 seconds and I would’ve passed out next to my beer.

That’s a smell/feeling you never forget. Like burping right after taking a swig of beer or soda and getting bubbles in your nose… but coming close to passing out. I would have paid you for that feeling while in high school. :lol:

That’s a smell/feeling you never forget. Like burping right after taking a swig of beer or soda and getting bubbles in your nose… but coming close to passing out. I would have paid you for that feeling while in high school. :lol: [/quote]
Hahaha! I thought the same thing.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com