Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Oberon 2012

Finally, it’s here! Oberon 2012. I stopped on my way home from work and bought a few 6 packs. Popped one for dinner, and I was a little disappointed. Seems lighter tasting and cloudier than last year. Lots of citris taste, not much wheat. Not very impressed so far this year. Anyone else try it?

I had it on tap on Wednesday and thought it was excellent nice refreshing summer beer with a nice citrus and hop flavor. Last night I picked up a bottle in a create your own six pack and cracked it open. Poured into a glass and it was very laden of sediment floating around and it tasted nothing like the draft beer that I had. Very lacking of flavor and the taste was not good at all. I had this same thing happen last year with the bottle. I thought it was not that great of beer and did not understand why everyone gets so excited for it. Then I decided to give it another try and see and on tap was very good. In the bottle this year is horrible especially the price you pay for Bells. I think Bells has some quality control issues with Oberon and bottling. If they could get the flavor I had on tap in a bottle, that would be my go to summer beer.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com