O.g

i was looking back on my notes and noticed the sweet stout extract kit i am drinking has on O.G. of 1.054. the last time i brewed it in dec., 2010 the O.G. was 1.042 as listed on the kit. same exact ingrediants. has the sugar content in the malt syrup incresaed since then?

Unlikely that the LME/DME has had an increase in PPG, if the same number of pounds were used.

More likely you sample was not fully mixed. And/or your volume was off.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]Unlikely that the LME/DME has had an increase in PPG, if the same number of pounds were used.

More likely you sample was not fully mixed. And/or your volume was off.[/quote]
not my measurements, the specified O.G. on the kit instructions.

Not always accurate/updated.

[quote=“Don Cuz”][quote=“Nighthawk”]Unlikely that the LME/DME has had an increase in PPG, if the same number of pounds were used.

More likely you sample was not fully mixed. And/or your volume was off.[/quote]
not my measurements, the specified O.G. on the kit instructions.[/quote]

:oops:

Caught me not reading your post fully.

Strange.

Do you have the ingredient list for both beers? 12 points is between 1-1.5 pounds of LME.

Strange.

Do you have the ingredient list for both beers? 12 points is between 1-1.5 pounds of LME.[/quote]
yes i do, unfortunatly i did not take a reading on either one. the first 20 or so batches i made were on the money give or take a point or two so i havent bothered in a while. nothing has changed on the recipe. i made it in dec.2010 and jan of this year. it just seems odd, a 12 point difference? needless to say i will be taking my readings every time from now on.