Noob homebrewer, worried about stuff on bottom

I understand that yeast settling on the bottom of the fermentor is normal, but this was a photo taken no more than 30 minutes after i transfered the wort in my jug. This was the first time I made an all grain brew I’m not sure if this is normal or not. Is this batch doomed from the start? or should i be fine?

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k323 ... 695897.jpg

Looks like cold break which is basically proteins? It should settle down and get thinner. I don’t ferment in carboys so I have not personally seen it this thick before.

[quote=“jbninfan93”]I understand that yeast settling on the bottom of the fermentor is normal, but this was a photo taken no more than 30 minutes after i transfered the wort in my jug. This was the first time I made an all grain brew I’m not sure if this is normal or not. Is this batch doomed from the start? or should i be fine?

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k323 ... 695897.jpg[/quote]

Looks ok. How did you chill? I wouldn’t worry about it. Let it got a couple weeks, take gravity sample and do a quick taste/smell test.

Your beer looks a lot milkier than I would have expected, but that may be the lighting. With respect to the settling, that’s almost certainly cold break, and not a concern.

pic, as promised:
[attachment=0]IMG_1619.JPG[/attachment]

Looks ok. How did you chill? I wouldn’t worry about it. Let it got a couple weeks, take gravity sample and do a quick taste/smell test.[/quote]

I Chilled it in an ice bath

[quote=“jbninfan93”][/quote]

I Chilled it in an ice bath[/quote]

5 gallons chilled this way or a smaller boil with top off water

It is a one gallon recipe, topped off with water

Ha Ha Ha, I thought from the photo I was looking at a 5 gallon Carboy. For 1 gallon, that does not look like a major issue and I think you will be fine

looks like my batches when I use whirlflock tablets. Should be fine. Cheers

Okay thanks for your help everyone! :smiley: a good relief to hear from yall