No Krausen....?

Brewed a British Golden Ale last Sunday 11/13. Basic recipe, but I used 6oz of Chinook whole cone hops from my garden…anyhow…Boiled for like 75-80 mins, whirpooled for 20 before I chilled to less than 70degrees, and then sploshed into my fermenter - a Big Mouth plastic 6 gal.
Got a reading of 1.055, and pitched 1000ml of British Ale 2 (Wyeast 1335) which had been spinning in a beaker with NB’s Fast Pitch and water for about 3 days.
The next day it was bubbling away nicely, and a thin but decent looking head of krausen was forming. Appeared to have great potential. Come Tuesday, the krausen appears to have dropped out and the airlock barely registers a bubble, though I can see a current within the fermenter - and things are flowing around and I see bubbles pop on the surface of my beer.
The recipe was not unusual though it did have some maize, and some torrified wheat.
Something go wrong here?
Thank you.

How are you maintaining temps of your wort?

5 gallon batch?

It is normal for the krausen to drop quickly with some yeasts. The yeast will finish. Some yeasts will also take longer to finish the last couple of gravity points. Give the yeast time.

1 Like

Hi.
Ambient room temp in this case - 65 to 67 degrees, pretty steady.
Yes its a five gallon batch.
Thank you.

Thanks Flars. I’m going to do a hydrometer reading this weekend and see what I’ve got here…

1 Like

English yeast are notorious for heavy flocculation. You might even consider gently swirling the fermenter to keep the yeast in suspension. These yeast are known to not complete fermentation due to their characteristics of early flocculation.

I had a buddy learn this the hard way with an RIS he kegged. When he kegged he got the yeast back in suspension and allowed it to age. The yeast resumed fermentation, over carbonating the beer. When he went to tap it beer sprayed every where, staining his carpet and ceiling. Luckily it wiped off the walls.