No carbonation in bottles

I have two batches, No. 8 and Scottish Wee Heavy, with little to no carbonation in the bottles. They have been stored in the upper 60’s to the low 70’s in the bottles for around 2-3 months each. There is a little sediment on the bottom of the bottles. I am planning on hydrating a batch of Safbrew T-58 and dropping in 5-10 drops into each bottle and re-capping for the No.8. First question. Should I re-hydrate or just put in some dry yeast? Second question, should I use the T-58 for the Scottish Wee Heavy or pick up a different strain? Thanks for your help.

I’ve used US05. rehydrated, 1-2 drops per bottle with success…but you really need 70s.

cheers.

I just added between 2-8 drops of T-58 yeast per bottle to the No. 8. I need to see if there would be a better yeast to add for the Scottish Wee Heavy. I would hate to get a funky taste by using the wrong yeast.

[quote=“kohnle”]I just added between 2-8 drops of T-58 yeast per bottle to the No. 8. I need to see if there would be a better yeast to add for the Scottish Wee Heavy. I would hate to get a funky taste by using the wrong yeast.[/quote]There’s not enough priming sugar to trigger the yeast into growth mode, so they will only eat the sugar and go to sleep, adding no flavors.

Rehydrating 2g of yeast in 50ml of sterile water and add 1ml to each bottle using a medicine dropper usually works.

Update…The bottles of No. 8 are carbonated. I added a few drops of re-hydrated T-58 yeast. The process went very quick with the help of my bottle babe (aka .wife).

Thanks for the help everyone.