No carbonation after 2 weeks in the bottle

This was my 1st batch and everything seemed fine. I bottled the beer two weeks ago and sampled one tonight. When I opened it I heard a very little carbonation. The flavor of the beer tasted good but it tasted flat. I followed the directions for the caribou slobber exactly. Should I let it set a little longer or is this batch ruined?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Keep it warm and give it another week (or two).

Read my post about the slobber about 5 spots below your post.

Says it all

:cheers:

[quote=“smetana1986”]Read my post about the slobber about 5 spots below your post.

Says it all

:cheers: [/quote]

Which changes every time a post is made. :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=116017

Welcome to the obsession!!!

I know you don’t have any homebrew to suck on yet, but don’t worry, relax, have a beer. Chill out for a week or two, then try it again. I’m sure it’s gonna be fine! My first homebrew (about 15 years ago) kinda sucked. I didn’t have a kit near as good as anything NB offers. It was still drinkable though. You’re gonna love this hobby (pasttime, obsession, lifestyle…)

I found that if you move them to a slightly warmer area and give each bottle a loving little swirl once a day then in about a week or so shazam. carbination. hope this helps.

[quote=“Davisdog”]Welcome to the obsession!!!

I know you don’t have any homebrew to suck on yet, but don’t worry, relax, have a beer. Chill out for a week or two, then try it again. I’m sure it’s gonna be fine! My first homebrew (about 15 years ago) kinda sucked. I didn’t have a kit near as good as anything NB offers. It was still drinkable though. You’re gonna love this hobby (pasttime, obsession, lifestyle…)[/quote]

…I second this!

[quote=“Davisdog”]Welcome to the obsession!!!

I know you don’t have any homebrew to suck on yet, but don’t worry, relax, have a beer. Chill out for a week or two, then try it again. I’m sure it’s gonna be fine! My first homebrew (about 15 years ago) kinda sucked. I didn’t have a kit near as good as anything NB offers. It was still drinkable though. You’re gonna love this hobby (pasttime, obsession, lifestyle…)[/quote]

I third this!!! :cheers:
For me, it has definitely become an obsession… But in a great way!