Night time brewing

I just finished an afternoon brew session that ended with the last clean up at 9:15 pm. Not too late even though I have to be up early in the morning and work a night shift tomorrow night. Just remembered how much I hate the clean up part of brewing. Oh well, SNPA clone bubbling and a Cream Ale waiting on the yeast.

never brewed that late, I like to get up at 6 am and brew, finish about 11.30

Yup, I also like to brew as early as possible. I find that night time brewing usually includes drinking and that causes me to forget things.

Night brewing is cool if you’re by yourself. I either brew during the week starting at about 6pm and finishing around 10pm, or during the day on the weekend starting midday sometime. The clean up part certainly does suck. The thing about that, though, is you can leave it for the next day if you so choose. I do that sometimes if it’s late and I’m tired.

During the hot summer months I brew over night batches quite a bit. Sometimes I start around 10-11PM. I garage brew and as soon as the sun rises things really start to heat up.

I’ve never brewed at night like that, circumstances and time restraints just put me in that situation. It was fun, but prefer the early morning brewing myself.

Thinking about a stout for my next brew. I’ve never made one. Either that or a Pale ale with Citra and/or Galena hops. Really want to try the Citra hops. My catalog is outside and I can’t remember the name, but I read about a new hop I’d also like to try. Think it had Falcon in the name.

[quote=“Norman”]My catalog is outside and I can’t remember the name, but I read about a new hop I’d also like to try. Think it had Falcon in the name.[/quote]Falconer’s Flight - awesome hop blend names after the late Glenn Day Falconer