Nice biab system

This looks real nice for the ones who want to switch to a new electic biab system

Looks nice but justifying the cost? I think I would spend my money on a nice unitank and a glycol chiller…

1 Like

Indeed kind of pricey but spike makes. Nice brewing systems

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, I’d love to have that system. I’m currently looking at spikes conical fermenter line. Wondering if I should get a 5 or 10 gallon setup because the cost is only about a hundred extra dollars. On the other side, I’m thinking if I got the 5 gallon one I would brew more and use it more often to dump trub and harvest yeast. Also makes those pressure transfers seem like less of a hassle. I’m getting over the carboys and buckets and they sometimes deter me from brewing because I dont love dealing with them.

1 Like

If it helps you to brew more… best get the 5-er… You can add another one down the line…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Me do use speidel fermentor for primary. And yes glass fermentors. Got one conical fermentor. Me happy. But not 100% would like spike. Fermentors

1 Like

Check out the scratch and dent section of their site for some savings

1 Like

Yeh the bargain cave!

1 Like

So, are you going stock up on gear?
Sneezles61

Yeh I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on some upgrades just want to make sure that I choose what will work best for my situation. That, and convincing the wife. I might wait until next year though because we are planning on buying a house within that time frame and I’ll be setting up my new brewery in a garage hopefully.

The 5 gallon conical they have in the bargain cave is only 30 bucks less than the non defect or used version so that definitely wouldn’t be a deal breaker either. I’d almost rather pay the extra. They arent always available in there either. I see the flex plus listed there for 75 less but they are also put of stock.

Don’t have a hair pin trigger… You can mill it over… then decide
Sneezles61

Yeh. I can definitely justify the 5 gallon conical and the tilt hydrometer since I can start using them immediately. I’m also thinking of temp control with the new conical and how I would cater to that. I could just brew with kviek while it’s still hot out. The winter is never an issue for ales inside my house.

1 Like

Me doing next year some upgrades as well. Right now can not get my wife to say sure. No prob. Me not working. Due to corona. So no extra play money. At the moment.( Aka tip cash) got to wait till work. Mayby october. But first a grain order.

1 Like