NHC Philly

Since tickets for this years NHC go on sale tomorrow, I was wondering who on the forum is attending?
It will be my first time going to the big event.

In!

I’ll be there. I won’t make any of the daytime seminars because I have this stupid responsibility called ‘work’. But I’ll make as many of the night time and weekend functions as possible. My brew club (Barley Legal Home Brewers) will be trying to make a big splash at club night. We have some cool plans in the works!

I’ll be there.

I hope I have the opportunity to meet you there, Denny. You’ve helped me work through a few questions/problems in the past. Would just like to shake your hand… maybe pour you a beer :cheers:

I hope I have the opportunity to meet you there, Denny. You’ve helped me work through a few questions/problems in the past. Would just like to shake your hand… maybe pour you a beer :cheers: [/quote]

Just look for the red Chuck Taylor hi tops.

I’m doing my best to get there.

I thought about it, but I’ve got other travel priorities this year.

If the host hotel (Marriott) is the same one I stayed at 5-6 years ago (right by the convention center), there’s a brewpub basically right across the street. Not that it will matter much with all of the beer flowing at the event itself. I remember the food being pretty good, though.

I will be there. Probably getting in Thursday night or Friday. Not sure yet. Is club night Thursday night or Friday night?

Club night is friday, june 28 from 8 to 11:30 pm.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]I thought about it, but I’ve got other travel priorities this year.

If the host hotel (Marriott) is the same one I stayed at 5-6 years ago (right by the convention center), there’s a brewpub basically right across the street. Not that it will matter much with all of the beer flowing at the event itself. I remember the food being pretty good, though.[/quote]

I’m guessing you are referring to Dock Street which has since closed.

This will be my first NHC. I live 30min outside Philly, but I’ll probably get a hotel room.

I just wanted to add that Philly has turned into a pretty solid beer town over the past 5-10yrs or so. I know NHC will take up most of your time while here, but please try to get out and visit some local establishments. There are many, many great options in and around the city!
:cheers:

I am planning on getting there the weekend before.

Last time I was in Philly I was drinking Schmidt’s.

[quote=“dobe12”]I just wanted to add that Philly has turned into a pretty solid beer town over the past 5-10yrs or so. I know NHC will take up most of your time while here, but please try to get out and visit some local establishments. There are many, many great options in and around the city!
:cheers: [/quote]

No trip to Philly is complete without a trip to Monk’s!

I know that probably no one remembers me because I haven’t been active in a while, but I’ll be there.

[quote=“uberbitter”][quote=“dobe12”]I just wanted to add that Philly has turned into a pretty solid beer town over the past 5-10yrs or so. I know NHC will take up most of your time while here, but please try to get out and visit some local establishments. There are many, many great options in and around the city!
:cheers: [/quote]

No trip to Philly is complete without a trip to Monk’s!

I know that probably no one remembers me because I haven’t been active in a while, but I’ll be there.[/quote]

Love Monk’s! Eulogy, Brauhaus Schmitz, Nodding Head are some of my other favorites.

[quote=“TG”]I am planning on getting there the weekend before.

Last time I was in Philly I was drinking Schmidt’s.[/quote]

Here is a great site for finding beer in philly: http://phillytapfinder.com/bars/
Like Dobe stated, Monk’s is a must and I also like Khyber Pass, Kite and Key, and Memphis Tap Room just to name a few. For coffee try La Colombe.

I’ve been to Monk’s once, in 2001. I still remember it fondly and hope I can make it back when I’m there for the conference.

If you have time, do yourself a favor and also get to Eulogy Belgian Tavern (On Chestnut St just south of 2nd). They have a fantastic draft list and an even more amazing bottle selection. The bartenders are also very knowledgeable. It’s a little small, but it’s another gem in Philly!

Just across the street is Triumph Brewing Company. The beer is just, eh… but they have some pretty damn good food. One of the best burgers I’ve ever had.

I think we broke the registration site.

Use this site:

http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1191982