Newly converted keezer...pretty psyched

Just thought I’d share. This is my great grandfather’s chest freezer. Brand is Westinghouse. I’m in my mid-30s, so having it be from the great grandfather means we’re going back a few years. I’m sure I’m doing him proud. Pic attached. The only thing not yet complete is the drip tray – using masking tape until I’m 100% on the height. Works brilliantly – though aesthetically, it may not quite compare to some of the keezers you all have created. Still, I love it. Thanks to this blog for letting me do lots and lots of good research before assembly and also to our host for some fantastic How To videos. No trouble in the assembly. Future installation includes drilling through the wall that leads to my brew room, and installing taps behind a future bar in our finished basement. But that’ll come.

The most important thing, it’s functional. It may look like mine when I get around to it.

Looks great! Nothing like having beer on tap. I’ve had my keezer for a couple of months now and still blows me away that I have one in my basement!