Newcastle Founder's Ale

This just showed up in my local store, picked up a 6 to try it.

Nice color, nice pour. Tastes like the Newcastle brown yeast. Less sweet and more hoppy than the brown. Nothing really remarkable though. I had this at frig temp, I think it might be better 10 degrees warmer.

[quote=“Mike A.”]This just showed up in my local store, picked up a 6 to try it.

Nice color, nice pour. Tastes like the Newcastle brown yeast. Less sweet and more hoppy than the brown. Nothing really remarkable though. I had this at frig temp, I think it might be better 10 degrees warmer.[/quote]

Sounds like one I’d like to try. I would agree that ‘fridge temp’ is probably way too cold to really enjoy a beer like this.
I don’t buy a lot of commercial beer, but when I do I have lately been favoring some of the British imports over domestic stuff. I’ll be on the lookout for this one.

Saw this at my local the other day. I hesitated simply because a “hoppy” beer that has traveled across the pond is in no way what the brewers intended. I’m sure I would enjoy it, but I’d rather stick to their standard brown which is one of my favorite beers when served at its best.