Newbie so don't laugh!

Second batch of brew. First secondary. Sanitized the carboy for the second and had all that starsan bubble crap. Thinking that won’t harm it but I’m worried bout my Nut Brown. Buy the way do you have to dry out the plastic tubing at all? Got that left over few drops after transferring.

“Don’t fear the foam.” It’s all good. For your tubing, rinse out the beer and hang it up to dry. I don’t worry too much about a few drops of water since I run sanitizer through it before it touches the beer.

Thanks much. Thought so but they harp so much on contamination it’s got me paranoid.

[quote=“mvsawyer”]For your tubing, rinse out the beer and hang it up to dry.[/quote]I’d like to suggest two additional steps to help ensure that your tubing will remain infection-free: first, put a drop of dishsoap on a diptube or tubing brush and run it through, rinse well; and second, soak the tubing in StarSan for 30 seconds before hanging up to dry.

Thanks Shade.

The other thing you can do is get a length of fishing line (a foot or so longer than your tubing). One end put a split shot sinker, other end tie it to a small piece of cloth or a piece of paper towel. Drop the sinker through the tubing so it comes out the other end and then pull the cloth through on the fishing line - kind of like a bore snake for cleaning a gun. I don’t do this every time, but once in a while if I want to make sure there is nothing sticking to the inside of the tubing after a quick soak in pbw/oxyclean.

I also give a quick soak in starsan before hanging up after every use.

[quote=“Braufessor”]The other thing you can do is get a length of fishing line (a foot or so longer than your tubing). One end put a split shot sinker, other end tie it to a small piece of cloth or a piece of paper towel. Drop the sinker through the tubing so it comes out the other end and then pull the cloth through on the fishing line - kind of like a bore snake for cleaning a gun. I don’t do this every time, but once in a while if I want to make sure there is nothing sticking to the inside of the tubing after a quick soak in pbw/oxyclean.

I also give a quick soak in starsan before hanging up after every use.[/quote]

That right there is a good idear. Learn something new every day. :cheers: