Newb!

hello all.

newbie here, started brewing in Jan. with a MR beer kit that i got for Christmas. i have done 4 batches with it. well the 4th is in primary… I am ready to upgrade and make better beer. I have a couple people in my jeep club showing me the ropes.

here is a couple pics of my MRbeers…

PALE ALE:

OATMEAL STOUT:

DISCLAMER: Oatmeal stout had a lack of headspace, remember newb…

DISCLAMER2: Clear bottles were used because i didn’t drink enough to get brown ones before bottling so i got the corona bottles from my mother. they stayed out of the light.

i don’t have any pics of the other ones yet. A blackberry wheat and a idontknowwhatthehell… should be a brownish redish aleish that i used amber DME in to replace some of the MRbeer crap, and glacier dry hoping.

i plan on doing a NB red ale for my first bigger brewing kit.

cheers!

Welcome to the obsession!

The pale ale looks nice and clear. In fact both beers look good. How do they taste? If you enjoy the MrBeer stuff you’ll really love a genuine kit with fresh extract and steeping grains. This is a really fun hobby with beer as a reward.

Welcome aboard!

Be sure to keep those clear bottles full of beer away from sunlight!

they all have turned out very tasty so far, But i know i can do better…

It truly is a fun hobby!

[quote=“ickyfoot”]Welcome aboard!

Be sure to keep those clear bottles full of beer away from sunlight![/quote]

They stayed out of the light. and i have a healthy supply of brown bottles now!

I started with Mr. Beer too. Learned some of the basics with it, and now ready to expand and move on to bigger and better beer. I’ve done 4 kits with Mr. Beer, and have my 1st NB finishing up Primary, AK47 Pale Ale.

Looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully going to AG in the future.

Right on. It’s crazy seeing such dark beer in a corona bottle!

It’s “n00b”. FYI.

Also, is it just me or are you under filling those corona bottles? Also, don’t reuse corona bottles. Or any twist off, for that matter.

[quote=“alanzo”]It’s “n00b”. FYI.

Also, is it just me or are you under filling those corona bottles? Also, don’t reuse corona bottles. Or any twist off, for that matter.[/quote]

I thought they were extremly under filled as well.

[quote=“alanzo”]It’s “n00b”. FYI.

Also, is it just me or are you under filling those corona bottles? Also, don’t reuse corona bottles. Or any twist off, for that matter.[/quote]

see disclamer’s…

corona’s are pry top, just suck cause they are clear and you cant get the label off.

[quote=“urbandictonary”]Newb

Evolving from the word New-byers, meaning new passing byers in town, this changed to newbie, the shortened form of this is newb.

A newb is a word used over the internet many times, usually meaning new to a subject/topic, usually a game.

A noob was evolved through the uneducated side of games played by usually children, runescape for example, where children didn’t know the exact spelling of newb and changed it to noob.

Newb and noob shouldn’t be confused however, newb is a new person to a game but wants to become better and be like the higher levels in a game. A noob is a new player who tends to be aggrovating and will usually spam, beg, or find any other way to annoy other players.

As not many people like those kind (noobs), the term has become something over the internet to become offensive.
High level: Hi
Newb:Hi, I’m a newb can you please tell me where to find an item for this quest?
High level:Sure, it’s just over here:)
Newb:Thankyou:)
Noob: hi wat r u all up to yo hey high lvl can u plz give me lyk sum gold cus i rly need it bad for dis wep
High level: I’m sorry, I cannot understand your annoying leet language
Noob:na wot r u sayin bout how i talk can i plz just have gold man or else ill spam you cus i hav no lyf an im a geek
High level:F*** off, you noob [/quote]

bam! :smiley:

I used Mr. Beer for about 8 months before going to 5 gallon extract kits.
A lot of it was pretty good, only one that I didn’t like much.
A trick on bottling - use a bottling wand, fill to near overflowing with the wand in the bottle. When you back off, the level is just right. I like the wand with the spring in it better than without.

[quote=“XJREWSTER”][quote=“alanzo”]It’s “n00b”. FYI.

see disclamer’s…

corona’s are pry top, just suck cause they are clear and you cant get the label off.

[quote=“urbandictonary”]Newb

Evolving from the word New-byers, meaning new passing byers in town, this changed to newbie, the shortened form of this is newb.

A newb is a word used over the internet many times, usually meaning new to a subject/topic, usually a game.

A noob was evolved through the uneducated side of games played by usually children, runescape for example, where children didn’t know the exact spelling of newb and changed it to noob.

Newb and noob shouldn’t be confused however, newb is a new person to a game but wants to become better and be like the higher levels in a game. A noob is a new player who tends to be aggrovating and will usually spam, beg, or find any other way to annoy other players.

As not many people like those kind (noobs), the term has become something over the internet to become offensive.
High level: Hi
Newb:Hi, I’m a newb can you please tell me where to find an item for this quest?
High level:Sure, it’s just over here:)
Newb:Thankyou:)
Noob: hi wat r u all up to yo hey high lvl can u plz give me lyk sum gold cus i rly need it bad for dis wep
High level: I’m sorry, I cannot understand your annoying leet language
Noob:na wot r u sayin bout how i talk can i plz just have gold man or else ill spam you cus i hav no lyf an im a geek
High level:F*** off, you noob [/quote]

bam! :smiley: [/quote]

:lol: Nice response!

I bottle some of my low-hopped black beers like stout or porter, in clear glass Pepsi bottles. If theres little hops, theres little chance for skunking. Plus the black color of the beer is like sun block.

Collecting usable bottles makes the price of commercial beer somewhat less annoying.