New website

Its a piece of $#!t. Just sayin.

If it aint broke dont fix it

It looks very professional (-ish) and integrates BTV & the blog…

BUT, there appears to be a lot more scrolling down (which is annoying) and the reviews lost all of their “star” ratings (why? I don’t know).

I think it looks pretty slick. Meh, gets me where I want to go. I am sure there are going to be some bugs but that always happens. Looks like it took a lot of work so Cheers!

I went on to try to find the recipe for the all grain Surly Furious. Damned if I could find it

[quote]Its a piece of $#!t. Just sayin.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t use that language, but I don’t like the new site, either.

The new forums lost the easy “quote” button, though the bb code is still there, and it appears you can’t edit your posts either. Adding the smileys doesn’t seem to work, and the formatting “toolbar” seems to have vanished…

There’s not a great way to “drill down” into a sub-category while browsing without a lot of clicking & page loading… and it seems like there’s too much waiting. The site is not as snappy as it used to be.

Also, I may be mistaken–but the functional site area appears to be narrower than the old, which is unfortunate considering the preponderance of widescreens even in the computer world.

Less seriously:
They may want to change the contact number from 1-800-555-5555…

[quote=“Silentknyght”][quote]Its a piece of $#!t. Just sayin.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t use that language, but I don’t like the new site, either.

The new forums lost the easy “quote” button, though the bb code is still there, and it appears you can’t edit your posts either. Adding the smileys doesn’t seem to work, and the formatting “toolbar” seems to have vanished…

There’s not a great way to “drill down” into a sub-category while browsing without a lot of clicking & page loading… and it seems like there’s too much waiting. The site is not as snappy as it used to be.

Also, I may be mistaken–but the functional site area appears to be narrower than the old, which is unfortunate considering the preponderance of widescreens even in the computer world.

Less seriously:
They may want to change the contact number from 1-800-555-5555…[/quote]
Change to the subsilver2 board style. It goes back to the style that predates the last redesign. No width limits and the quote button appears. Go to User Control Panel → Board Preferences. I have my preferences set this way and didn’t realize things had changed.
:cheers:

The dynamic menus will animate all the way down without having to load any static content. If they aren’t showing up, your browser isn’t rendering CSS properly. The only one I’m aware of that still doesn’t fully support CSS is Internet Explorer.

Everything on the forum looks exactly the same to me. I believe I am always on subsilver2. Plenty of smileys, quote button, etc. The website is slightly different but everything works; even the dynamic menus. I use IE8 as a browser

+1 All looks normal to me, can’t figure out what everyone’s complaining about.

I preferred the mouse hover dynamic menus. The new ones are OK, but all the clicking turns me off.

Also it’s not obvious that the arrow to the right of each menu item should be the dynamic menu interface. Put the arrows on the left, like OS X finder and windows explorer, that’s what everyone expects.

I do like the removal of # entries per page, and the list view option. Nice work.

The dynamic menus will animate all the way down without having to load any static content. If they aren’t showing up, your browser isn’t rendering CSS properly. The only one I’m aware of that still doesn’t fully support CSS is Internet Explorer.[/quote]

I’m not getting the dynamic menus on Firefox or IE. Haven’t tried it on Chrome yet.

I’m on FF.

I’ve changed my opinion: I think it’s a design issue that doesn’t agree with my expectations. The menus function differently when clicking on the arrow as opposed to the text entry. I clicked on the text expecting the heading to open, not expecting the page to open. I understand why they did it, though.

subsilver2 does fix the forum, thanks.

Firefox/Subsilver2 here. I didn’t even know anything changed until I read this post. Guess I got lucky… Cheers!!!

Same here…

Same here…[/quote]

Me too. Subsilver2

Changed to subsilver2 also. I use Google Chrome and the layout changed at least before Yesterday evening. It is different but everything works for me. I have seen other sites change and get a lot of negative chatter for a couple of days until people get used to it. Give it a couple of days. They will make some changes then everything will be OK. RDWHAHB :smiley:

OP here, Yea the forum is fine, I was complaining about the NB store site.

Website and forum changed for me. Bad desing IMO, looks like a step backwards not forwards.