New to this forum

hey everybody!! im new to this forum.from what ive seen so far i like the info on here.ive been brewing for about 2.5 yrs now and doing all grain for maybe 1 year.still learning alot of new things.just be warned im sure im gonna ask some dumb questions and give my 2 cents on how i do things(right or wrong,mostly wrong!!) im here to have fun,brew beer,meet new home brewers and enjoy!!! and yes,im enjoying the dead ringer all grain ipa right now!! cheers!!!

Welcome! You came to a good place to get info. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and don’t be afraid to share your techniques and experiences. That is how people learn what works for them!

Ditto. Welcome! :cheers:

Welcome, many ways to brew great tasting beers. Feel free to share what works for you.

Also, update your profile to list a location. You may find someone local on the board.

Yeah, I’m a refugee myself from another forum. I’ve lurked here for a few years garnering a great deal of info. This is a good place. I hope it never changes.

Welcome to the forum. I brewed the “wrong” way for years. There’s a lot of information and experience to gain here. :cheers:

Welcome you didn’t bring any beer for us? :slight_smile:

thanks for the welcomes everybody.to be honest i came from another forum that had a bunch of know it alls and if you questioned how they did something or posted your method you were wrong for doing so.so far i like what i see on here :cheers:

jrflowers2:
Welcome!
Off topic, but I see in your sig. that you have 2 porters fermenting. I love porters, but so far have only brewed a Honey Porter( and have another one on-deck). I was interested in your opinion: have you brewed a favorite?

[quote=“James Rausch”]jrflowers2:
Welcome!
Off topic, but I see in your sig. that you have 2 porters fermenting. I love porters, but so far have only brewed a Honey Porter( and have another one on-deck). I was interested in your opinion: have you brewed a favorite?[/quote]
i will have to look when i get home for the recipe,ive only done 1 porter so far and a few stouts.but the porter i did do was pretty tasty.i will let you know later

You might still be told that you are wrong. Hopefully it’s done in a fashion that you don’t notice. :wink:

You might still be told that you are wrong. Hopefully it’s done in a fashion that you don’t notice. :wink: [/quote]
im sure if i stay here long enogh i will be told that!! oh well,everybody has their way of doing things. :lol:

[quote=“James Rausch”]jrflowers2:
Welcome!
Off topic, but I see in your sig. that you have 2 porters fermenting. I love porters, but so far have only brewed a Honey Porter( and have another one on-deck). I was interested in your opinion: have you brewed a favorite?[/quote]
dont remember wher i got this recipe but here it is.i tweaked it a little to use some grains i had left over.

8lbs 2 row
1lb crystal 40 ( i used 20)
1lb munich malt 2 row ( i used 6 row)
1/2 lb cara-pils
1/2 lb black patent malt
1/4 lb chocolate malt
1oz northern brewer hops 60 min
1oz cascade hops 6 min
white labs WLP005 british ale
i liked it and will def do it again

Welcome neighbor! This is a great forum. Lots of knowledgeable cool people. Heard anything about the HBS that’s allegedly opening in Leesburg?

no i havent heard anything,it would be nice though!!

[quote=“jrflowers2”][quote=“James Rausch”]jrflowers2:
Welcome!
dont remember wher i got this recipe but here it is.i tweaked it a little to use some grains i had left over.

8lbs 2 row
1lb crystal 40 ( i used 20)
1lb munich malt 2 row ( i used 6 row)
1/2 lb cara-pils
1/2 lb black patent malt
1/4 lb chocolate malt
1oz northern brewer hops 60 min
1oz cascade hops 6 min
white labs WLP005 british ale
i liked it and will def do it again[/quote]
Looks nice! Thanks. Looks similar to one I did today, except I added 1/2 lb Brown Malt, 1/4 lb roasted barley, 2 oz. smoked malt, and 1/2 lb honey malt(it’s a Honey Porter). Used Wy1728 Scottish ale(going to rack a Wee Heavy onto the cake when it’s done)