New Summit Logo?

Here’s a link to a Startribune article about it:

Personally not a huge fan. The new stylized logo just looks cheap to me, like someone with moderate computer graphic skills tossed it together for fun. I think the old one was more classic looking and I liked the detail in the barley, hops and leaves.

What do you all think?

I kinda like it. I do think I like the old one better but the new one does not look cheap to me. I wonder if they are going to start using more recycled materials in their packaging & bottles? Maybe it is just me but that new logo is very “going green”.

I think it looks generic, not a fan of it.
Hopefully they wont change the beer too, I like the current beers and the direction they have been going over the last couple years.

Ewww me no likey

[quote=“gregscsu”]I think it looks generic, not a fan of it.
Hopefully they wont change the beer too, I like the current beers and the direction they have been going over the last couple years.[/quote]

I doubt they will change their flagship beers since they have a pretty solid year round line up plus some very good seasonals. Thought Saga was a good addition that complimented their regular English styled IPA which I still really enjoy.

Don’t think I’ll ever get it but man do I wish they would bring that rye beer back for another round.

I love the new logo. And it looks like we’re getting a new series, too:

http://www.summitbrewing.com/conversati ... all-tavern

So we’ll have the normal year round beers, the seasonals, the unchained series, and a new union series. Now, to hope that new labels are easier to wash off the bottles…

[quote=“uberculture”]I love the new logo. And it looks like we’re getting a new series, too:

http://www.summitbrewing.com/conversati ... all-tavern

So we’ll have the normal year round beers, the seasonals, the unchained series, and a new union series. Now, to hope that new labels are easier to wash off the bottles…[/quote]
I’d agree on all counts. Also pretty cool to see Chip is the one doing those communications. :cheers: I like the Summit staple beers but it is also fun to see their brewers get some freedom to do a few series of changing beers.

I’m a fan of Summit, and I don’t think the new label is a stud or a dud. I like that they’re local, make quality beers, aren’t incredibly expensive, and the unchained series is always a nice change of pace. Now if only they would stop using super glue to apply their labels…

I like it! It’s cleaner and more unique in my eye.

The only thing I don’t like is that there is more green on the right side of “Summit” than on the left. That “i” really messes up the spacing.

Don’t like the new logo at all. We don’t get Summit in the northeast(at least not that I’m aware) and I’ve never tried any of their beer, but if I were to see that logo amongst the myriad of other craft beer in the cooler I would not be inclined to try it out. I think the old logo is decent, maybe a bit generic looking, but the new logo takes that to a whole new level in my opinion. And I agree with the comment about it being off center, it almost looks like some kind of mistake. At least it sounds like they make some good beer anyway.

Ugh. Bad move!

Chip!!! Those guys introduced me to NB, glad to see them doing well.

I’m not a fan of it either.

I like the old logo better than the new. I agree that the old one looks more classic and traditional.

Looks dumb to me, but it could be a smart move if it moves their beer to the non-“import” shelves and causes more blue collars to buy it and enjoy it. Looks less fancy, which might open it up to a market of less fancy people. Especially if they simultaneously lower their prices. On the other hand, it does seem like a pretty big gamble if it cheapens the brand and turns anyone off. Seems a bad idea to me, but what do I know… I am just one of their consumers.

The old one was so much better and classier. New one just looks cheaper.

Graphically speaking, the new one is much more versatile. It’s a simpler vector version of the original.

I also think the new look is more appealing to a younger audience. The old logo looks dated, and thus harder to attract new drinkers to the brand.

Current drinkers will keep drinking because they like the beer, new drinkers will be attracted to the modern look and then stay for the beer.

/marketing rant

[quote=“stompwampa”]Graphically speaking, the new one is much more versatile. It’s a simpler vector version of the original.

I also think the new look is more appealing to a younger audience. The old logo looks dated, and thus harder to attract new drinkers to the brand.

Current drinkers will keep drinking because they like the beer, new drinkers will be attracted to the modern look and then stay for the beer.

/marketing rant[/quote]

I have nothing against revamping a logo for all the reasons you pointed out, I personally just don’t think they did a very good job.