New Richmond WI brew club forming

There will be a meeting at 7:00 the 15th of Febuary at Bradys Brewhouse 230 S. Knowles Ave to form a brew club.

The club name is Willow River Brew Club.

The brew pub if you haven’t been there is an out standing place with excellent food 42 beers on tap and there own in house beers brewed on a 7 barrel system or small batches done on a 10 gallon Sabco brewing system.

The meetings will be held upstairs so if you do come grab a beer from the bar and come on up to join us or order some of there fine food to go along with the beer.
There naked fries are my favorite McD can’t hold a candle to them.

The brew master Rick or his assistant Luke will be at the meeting to answer questions.

Along with a more permanent meeting day will be discussed along with planing activities for the club.

How about a homebrewer contest with the winner to have theirs put on tap. Also how about a great place to have a big brew day at.

So we will see you there.

Just a reminder in case you missed it and would like to come.

It is a great idea to have support of the brew pub in the area.

Good Luck.

I wish it was close so I could meet chuck, you guys that show up you are in the face of greatness. Please tell chuck hello for me. maybe I can meet you guys at the golden growler next year.

Just to remind folks again that the first meeting will be tonight one thing has changed it will be held in the brewery not upstairs.

Come and join us.

i can’t make it tonight but keep me posted on any future meetings. I spend quite a bit of time in Polk County, right up 65.

I have the honor to be in a brew club with the Monk, do know Chuck and hope the club takes off. I almost met Boulderbrewer last summer when I was on a bicycle tour but it did not work out. Maybe this summer.

Brewing is a great way to meet wonderful people.

We had about 12 people show up many of them never had brewed before, the brew master and his assistant were both there to answer questions.

We will be brewing an extract for the newbies so they can see how easy it is to make beer.

Once your hooked the sky’s the limit how well I know.

It was decided to hold the meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 pm.

[quote=“chuck”]We had about 12 people show up many of them never had brewed before, the brew master and his assistant were both there to answer questions.

We will be brewing an extract for the newbies so they can see how easy it is to make beer.

Once your hooked the sky’s the limit how well I know.

It was decided to hold the meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 pm.[/quote]

Congratulations Chuck.

Once you are settled in the Menomonie and New Richmond brew clubs can begin planning some joint ventures. I will be working on our Big Brew day. We had a blast last year.

Just a reminder that tonight March 14 at 7 pm there will be the second meeting at Bradys Brewhouse all are welcome.

[quote=“chuck”]Just a reminder that tonight March 14 at 7 pm there will be the second meeting at Bradys Brewhouse all are welcome.[/quote]Are you allowed to bring homebrew to the meetings? Our last meeting was at the Jester King where they are hosting two sour barrels for us - we pulled our beer from the fill last year and topped off with fresh. Great club activity!

Yes I’m bringing 4 but I’m not sure what 2 of them are.

Last meeting they pulled a growler of one there house brews and I expect that it will also happen tonight.

He wants to have a taste contest with us home brewers bringing a home brew for judging and the winner will have he recipe brewed and put on tap.

[quote=“chuck”]He wants to have a taste contest with us home brewers bringing a home brew for judging and the winner will have he recipe brewed and put on tap.[/quote]He might want to specify a style, or range of styles, or else he might end up with something he really doesn’t want to make - we have a local brewpub doing periodic comps like this and they’re picking the style months ahead to give us plenty of time to make something appropriate.

I know I missed the most recent meeting (March 14th?) when do you think the next brew club meeting will be? Is there a site where you have this info posted often?

I also have several homebrews to bring and am very interested in this contest. As Shadetree mentioned it might be best to figure out a style first so that it’s a more organized competition.

let me know.

We meet the 2nd Wednesday of the month will see if I can find the other info. Next meeting April 11th 7 pm.

What is the status of the brew club?

We are still meeting the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00, we are now meeting upstairs come join us next week.

Hi New Richmond area brewers. I’m brand new to the hobby and found this thread. Is the club still active and if so can I have some contact info. Thanks, Jeff.

Unfortunately it didn’t make it but there is a new one that seems to be going great out of Hudson here is a link to the web sight . hudson-homebrewers@googlegroups.com see you at the next meeting.

I’ll let you know when the next meeting is and where it will be held.