New albion ale

Does anyone know of an extract clone recipe for this beer or has brewed it.Would like to brew this one! THANKS

I believe there was a clone recipe from New Albion themselves in a recent issue of “Brew Your Own” magazine. But I do not have it with me and cannot remember if they had an extract version or if the recipe was only all grain.

With a quick search of the BYO website I think I found it.

Recipe
New Albion Ale clone
(5 gallons/19 L, all-grain)
OG = 1.055 FG = 1.011
IBU = 30 SRM = 4
ABV = 5.7%

Ingredients

11.5 lbs. (5.2 kg) Great Western premium 2-row malt
3.6 AAU Cascade hops (60 min) (0.6 oz./17 g at 6% alpha acids)
3.6 AAU Cascade hops (30 min) (0.6 oz./17 g at 6% alpha acids)
3.6 AAU Cascade hops (15 min) (0.6 oz./17 g at 6% alpha acids)
1 tsp. Irish moss (15 mins)
Wyeast 1028 (London Ale) or White Labs WLP013 (London Ale) yeast (1.4 qt./1.3 L yeast starter)
1 cup corn sugar (for priming)
Step by Step

Mash at 148 °F (64 °C) for 1 hour in 16 qts. (15 L) of brewing liquor.
Sparge with 170 °F (77 °C) water over 90 minutes to collect 6 gallons (23 L) of wort (or however much pre-boil wort will yield 5 gallons (19 L) after a 1 hour boil).
Boil wort for 60 minutes, adding hops at times indicated.
Chill the wort rapidly to 68 °F (20 °C), aerate and pitch the yeast.
Ferment at 68 °F (20 °C).

Extract with grains option
Reduce the amount of 2-row malt to 2.0 lbs. (0.91 kg) and add 5.0 lbs. (2.3 kg) of light dried malt extract.
Steep grains at 148 °F (64 °C) for 45 minutes in 3 qts. (2.8 L).
Add roughly one third of the malt extract and add water to make at least 3.0 gallons (11 L) and boil for 60 minutes, adding hops as indicated.
Add remaining malt extract in final 15 minutes of the boil.
Cool wort, top up, aerate, pitch yeast and ferment.

http://byo.com/component/k2/item/2797-new-albion

Here is a link to the full article if you want a little history lesson on the brewery as well.

Hey thanks sounds good i will definitely try this one!

If you hold out a month or so, White Labs is releasing in their Platinum Series the Albion Ale Yeast.
I’m planning on getting a couple vials of that stuff and brewing a batch or 2 this summer.

Brewed it a few months ago off of the brew mag recipe. It was fantastic. Didn’t last to long though. Were going to do a 10 gal all grain with the Platinum White Labs yeast soon. I cant wait. Simple yet effective an excellent brew. Cheers.

Brewed the extract version back in March and it came out really well. Great warm weather beer. I saved a bottle of the recently released version from Sam Adams to do a side-by-side taste test.