Nelson Sauvin in Belgian Golden Strong?

I was thinking of making a Belgian Golden Strong and have some Nelson Sauvin hops that I thought about using for flavor/aroma. Yeast would be 1388.

Thoughts?

With the wyeast golden strong strain being a little more phenolic than its WLP570 sister (being a little more estery) I would say your hop choice would be great - use em in a full wort (in the kettle as you sparge into it) or keep the beer around 150 in the kettle for about 30 minutes while the hop addition steeps and add some saaz for support.

I usually use 3oz of Saaz FWH - it supplies rounded 33ish IBU’s and flavor that’s just right - not overpowering the yeast. My usual BGS start around 1.083-85 and go to 1.005-7.

I just ordered the Nelsons as well as the Norwegian Saaz variety (lemon-lime spicy herbal noble mix)
To do some interesting beers :slight_smile:

Good luck

Just wanted to update. I used 3 oz of Nelson Sauvin in the last 5 min of the boil. They went really well with WYEAST 1388. I then aged it on chardonnay soaked oak chips in secondary.

Went on to a 42/50 in the Indianapolis regionals for the NHC, good enough for 1st in category 22.

[quote=“dray”]I just ordered the Nelsons as well as the Norwegian Saaz variety (lemon-lime spicy herbal noble mix)
Good luck[/quote]

I’ve never heard of Norwegian saaz, where did you get them?