Need to use up Munich malt

I have a 6 lb bottle of Munich malt syrup that I need to use. I was thinking of some kind of winter ale. Does anyone have suggestions of a good extract recipe that would use as much of my Munich so it does not go to waste?

How about a nice Alt
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/recipe-kits/extract-kits/extract-ale-kits/german-alt-extract-kit.html
?

Do you have the ability to lager?

You could make a 3 gallon batch of Denny Conn’s Santa’s Helper

Batch size - 3.0 gallons
OG - 1.079
IBUs - 55

6 Lbs - Munich Malt Syrup
0.3 Lbs - CaraMunich 80L
0.5 Oz - Carafa

0.6 Oz - Mount Hood 4.8%AA - First Wort Hops
1.8 Oz - Mount Hood 4.8%AA - 60 minutes

Wyeast 1007 German Ale

Munich Dunkel or Marzen/Oktoberfest?

That’s the way I was leaning, Hamiltont. If he has a place to cold ferment and lager for a while…

Sorta figured that as well. I guess they could be fermented with US-05/1056 and cool (58-60F) fermented for a close replica?? Cheers!!!

I have a smoked lager fermenting right now at 58F using Wyeast 2112 California Lager. Never used it before. It’s suppose to keep lager characteristics even if fermented in the 60’s. I’m curious to see how it comes out. I do have a fermentation fridge, but it’s small and I prefer to use it to keep my ales regulated at 60F. It seems like such a waste to keep a single lager in there for months.

I don’t lager but it is turning colder here and the basement will hover around 60 degrees so I can use 1056 at that temp. Will have to consider this.

By they way, how do you quote on the new style forum? There used to be a link on each post (has been a while since I was on here).

If you want to try a lager there are better yeasts than 1056. That’s a straight ale yeast. Wyeast 2112 is a lager yeast that ferments well around 60F. There are a few others as well. You can also lager your beer in a fridge after you bottle. If you have the room to store 2 cases of beer that you won’t touch for a few weeks. Just a thought.

[quote=“NanoBrew”]
By they way, how do you quote on the new style forum? There used to be a link on each post (has been a while since I was on here).[/quote]

Ckick on User Control Panel
Click on Board Preference
Change “My Board Style” to Subsilver2
Click on Submit

And yes, 2112 would work well.

Cheers!!!