Need to re-yeast at bottling?

I brewed a Belgian Golden Strong Ale with WY1388. Three weeks in primary, went from 1.083 to 1.007. Racked to secondary and added about 3 cups chardonnay and 1.5oz oak chips that had been soaking in it. Letting that sit for 2 weeks.

My question is whether or not I will need to re-yeast at bottling to get that nice high carbonation level I associate with Golden Strongs. I have a packet of US-05 and a packet of dry champagne yeast available.

Also, should I increase the amount of priming sugar I add to increase the carbonation level?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

After brewing it just 5 weeks ago, I would say that no additional yeast is needed.

You should check out a priming calculator to see how much sugar to use, but you also want to make sure that your bottles can withstand the high volumes of co2 you are looking for.

Also - I have no idea if adding chardonnay to your secondary would have any effect to the sugar needed in your bottling bucket.

Beer_Gutt, I have the Golden Strong Ale in my primary right now too. I’d be interested in following what you decide on this.

Big beers can carb slowly unless you add a little fresh yeast at bottling time - I would add a half-packet of US-05 or S-04 to the bottling bucket just to make sure the beer carbs up in a reasonable amount of time.
This site is one of many that calculate the amount of sugar for you:
http://hbd.org/cgi-bin/recipator/recipator/carbonation.html
For “beer temp” be sure to use the warmest temp the beer reached post-fermentation.