NE IPA reviews

We have one of those in iowa…so far im not super impressed…but everyone raves.

In fact, this weekend, I went to a book signing for a prominent international chef. People in line brought him trinkets, including a crowler of beer from this brewery. It made me genuinely angry that this guy will probably now think MN beer is all awful.

We’ve got that here. Not saying I make the absolute best beer in the world but I would put up any of my beers in comps with the commercial breweries here. But, they’re turning a profit and I sit at home drinking my own…

Loopie, just curious, talking about Hoof Hearted? I think you are close to them…

They are a little north of Cbus but they just opened a brewpub here. I’ve not ventured there yet so I can’t say. But we have many opening but nothing that really stands out IMHO.

I think I know which brewery but will not say…

OK, since this sort on angle is in this thread, I hope I don’t ruffle too many feathers… Bear in mind I’ve only had HT and if it represents the overall NEIPA, I think it is very feminine almost chick beer-ish. The summer shandy of mobile app enabled beer geeks… Sorry, the cloudiness thing is just nasty. I think they are tasty cool beers but nowhere worth the hype. “Cabbage Patch Dolls”

3 Likes

Quote of the day, right there! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

HT is recomended to drink from the can. The cloudiness might be why.

1 Like

Some times I rush a home brew out and its cloudy. So, out come the good old ceramic mug. I’m not opposed to cloudy brews, I think it lends it self to the I can’t wait any longer cloudy brews. Just me shooting’ my thoughts out there… Sneezles61

Define “chick beer”…be careful…

Strong

Respectable.

Virtuous

Feminine

Smells amazing

My personal definition would be:
chick beer, noun, \ˈchik\ \ˈbir; a slang term used to describe beer that is designed to not taste like it is beer. See also “Zima”.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy:^^^ :joy: :joy:^^^^, Sneelzes61

Is your doghouse big enough to brew in?

Come on , we all know what a chik beer is.

You mean a 70+ IBU 7+% IPA?

1 Like