NB Stainless Steel bottles

Has anybody checked these things out yet? My first impression is that it’s just another push at the homebrewer market, but maybe there’s something to having a few of these around? I could definitely take them floating the river…

$450 to bottle a 5 gallon batch…no way…even if you buy just one 6 pack to bottle its 50 bucks…way to much money for those…but they are pretty cool…you can boil them,drop them very durable

I wouldn’t want to lose one (or more) on the river, or anywhere for that matter. They are cool, but way too expensive and unnecessary.

A single empty beer bottle that costs nearly as much as a 6-pack of full ones. Could this be the high water mark of the current homebrewing trend?

I was thinking the same thing about the price. Guess you could buy them for the “wow” factor but I would make damn sure I got them back from anyone I let drink a beer…

Luckily for me… I keg… those are stainless too. :lol:

The only use I can think of is taking beer places that won’t allow glass. The boundary waters in MN don’t allow glass bottles but allow plastic for some reason. I know a few people that will put some beer from their keg into plastic bottles for that reason so maybe this is shooting towards that market but for the price I doubt they will make the switch.

Impractical.

Not that I’m overly anal about scrubbing, but hold a glass bottle to the light and you know it’s clean. How can you see the bottoms of these things, let alone what’s in the shoulder?

You still cap them with standard caps? For the price you think they would use swing tops.

I wonder what a full case weighs? At least the Budweiser Clydesdale’s could finally earn their keep.

I could MAYBE see them as a neat choice for cellaring something special, but then I’d want them to be 750ml, not 12oz.

They need one of those white patches where you can write on what’s in the bottle.

What happens when you over carb ???

First thing I thought about was the price. Second was to use one as a time capsule for a favorite ale recipe and meal accompaniant. That is if a stainless steel cap could be used to prevent corrosion.

Probably the cap would pop off long before the bottle fails.

way way to expensive, same with their stainless growler

I’m sure that the prices are due to the cost of manufacture and then the mark up each level of distribution gets. I’ve got no need for stainless bottles at their current price so I won’t buy them but I’m sure some will get sold. I’ve got no issue with them being offered nor those that decide to splurge on them.

I do really like my stainless growler. It is awesome to use those times when I want to bring a bit of beer and am not going to have refrigeration. Other times I’ll grab my far cheaper glass growlers.

I’m sure that the prices are due to the cost of manufacture and then the mark up each level of distribution gets. I’ve got no need for stainless bottles at their current price so I won’t buy them but I’m sure some will get sold. I’ve got no issue with them being offered nor those that decide to splurge on them.

I do really like my stainless growler. It is awesome to use those times when I want to bring a bit of beer and am not going to have refrigeration. Other times I’ll grab my far cheaper glass growlers.[/quote]

I got no problem with them, and stainless is expensive. who knows what their markup is but Im guessing double.

No refridgeration…a cooler? :cheers:

Isn’t the stainless growler a vacuum flask? I doesn’t cost much more than a similarly-sized Thermos.

Isn’t the stainless growler a vacuum flask? I doesn’t cost much more than a similarly-sized Thermos.[/quote]

I have never paid 60 bucks for a thermos

and you can buy the same thing for 23 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-7500-Sil ... 97&sr=1-29

and almost 20 bucks cheaper for the exact same thing,

http://www.dwbrewproducts.com/shop/inde ... 6fdebe4cf8

Probably the cap would pop off long before the bottle fails.[/quote]

Can you imagine how fast that thing would travel?

Saw them and was briefly intriqued until I saw that price. I’d use them if someone were giving them away. Until then, I’m not paying for bottles unless there is already beer in them.

I like the bottles but agree with most in reference to the cost.

But- here is my work around: Buy a 12 of BL in the blue cans (they are pry offs) and custom paint them to your liking. Of course, first you have to get a friend or spouse to empty the bottles… :lol:

[quote=“LowFlyingBrews”]I like the bottles but agree with most in reference to the cost.

But- here is my work around: Buy a 12 of BL in the blue cans (they are pry offs) and custom paint them to your liking. Of course, first you have to get a friend or spouse to empty the bottles… :lol: [/quote]

that’s aluminum, these are stainless

Plus those have a lining to keep the beer from the aluminum. If you use those be VERY careful not to scratch the lining while cleaning.

I wish they made SS fermenting buckets at a reasonable price