NB Munich

Anybody have knowledge of what exact maltster is used for “German Munich” that Northern brewer stocks?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brew ... unich.html

As a secondary question any ideas on recent lot analysis or general #'s of fine grind and moisture in particular of said producer?

It’s usually from Global/Schill malz. Sometimes it comes from Best or Weyermann. None of these maltsters tend to attach analyses, the distributor is usually the best place to get those.

Thanks? for the reply, however this tells no facts we can use and leaves much to be desired and maybe it is best to refrain from replying in threads like this unless you are providing or planning on providing beneficial instead of anecdotal information especially as a NB employee ( I guessed exactly what you posted, thus the reason I asked for true knowledge on the subject guy.)

Now that you involved yourself and being you work for NB could you provide a sound answer such as reaching out to your purchasing representative for facts they would know such as we use/used 80% Schill last year and mostly Global this year etc…)and/or reach out to your distributors for analysis info as you have lot#'s on your sacks, purchase orders, Wholesaler invoice-date comparison of initial maltster shipment that would spell this stuff out that none of use are privy to. “the distributor is usually the best place to get those.” They dont exactly talk to the common man especially with no lot#'s in hand or don’t do actual business with them directly such as NB does. If not able to pony up now just tell me “NO” or dont respond and I will thoroughly understand your MO and will gladly contact someone at NB that actually cares about brewing and the customers needs.

FYI: Many brewers other than myself would appreciate the name of the producer being used/sold to them and at least “general analysis #'s” fine grind and moisture listed with each base grain being shipped to consumers at the time, how hard is it to update a site to say (Weyermann FG:83 H2O%:4) or when switched if NB feels a need>>>( Best FG:81.8 H2O%:4.1)Many other retailers are not afraid seek out and provide this information why the constant smoke and mirrors act? Here is example of your direct competitor:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/light-mu ... mannr.html

And also with such solid pils and Munich malts from Best#1 or Wyermann#2 IMHO ( I typically use Best Munich and they do provide #'s such as shown above I had from past bags.) Why in all that is good would NB see a need to fluctuate supply and use Schill or Global such as you post???

“general analysis #'s”:
( Per producer as there is a definite shift from malter to malter and to assume otherwise such as NB is doing then is to dismiss the needs of the consumer on a whole and spells out a lack of respect for the customer, Am I to assume that 4 different malters are so very close to be same/similar? I think not and this leaves us to the old saying of buyer beware and or guess from day to day is the sediment I take away from your post. Again the reason you do more harm than good by providing less than customer friendly posts…and now opened up a can of worms I and others were not even aware of before…just food for thought to complete the above request if you choose abandonment of the thread now. )

Wow! What an ambush.

I guess it’s possible that I, too, should not have replied to this thread since I didn’t plan on providing any useful information.

It’s also possible that a purchasing representative may have been difficult to contact at 9pm and that Vaughn was trying to be helpful by providing a timely answer.

People say you can’t get a feel for the tone of an email/text/post/etc… well ITsPossible proved that wrong. Sure is easy to pick up the tone of this post, huh?

Hey! People pay good money to be on this site, and if you can’t provide 100% complete and accurate information, don’t bother! :roll:

Hey! People pay good money to be on this site, and if you can’t provide 100% complete and accurate information, don’t bother! :roll: [/quote]

There needs to be a ‘Like’ button on here, because I would ‘Like’ this reply :lol:

I would also ‘Dislike’ another comment on this thread.

When I see “German Munich” instead of “Weyermann Munich”, I pretty much know it means they are selling whatever brand they have available at the time. Since Global is a little cheaper I would almost assume that its the one supplied most of the time. NB already has a million items on their list though so having two or three maltster choices for each type of malt seems like overkill.

I’d agree that its nice to know what maltster its coming from just so you can decide if you like their product or not. I’ve always been too lazy to contact NB about that though. As for the exact data on the malt, who cares its done on a lot and theres some variation anyway. I tend to use 27ppg for my total grist which assumes a 75% efficiency on a 36ppg malt.

i also have nothing to add to this topic

This is precisely why maltsters help us by provide us with an extra level of protection with kilning their product. It helps keeps most of the parasitic bacteria out so we are not all walking around with a giant tape worm up our ass like ITsPOSSIBLE.

Fact or Fiction?

That was an ambush for sure.

Keep up the good work Northern Brewer.

Haha! Nice! :smiley:

This isn’t the first time I have seen a nasty post by ITsPOSSIBLE. Sometimes he just doesn’t like the answers that he gets… some of us just deal with it; some others can’t, I guess.

Although I agree that would be nice, I would much rather have less info and have a certain product AVAILABLE rather than WAITING for 2 or 3 weeks for them to get more in.

Haha! Nice! :smiley:

This isn’t the first time I have seen a nasty post by ITsPOSSIBLE. Sometimes he just doesn’t like the answers that he gets… some of us just deal with it; some others can’t, I guess.

Although I agree that would be nice, I would much rather have less info and have a certain product AVAILABLE rather than WAITING for 2 or 3 weeks for them to get more in.[/quote]

+100000 have seen a lot if similar posts form that guy. He askes questions but often hates the answers. I’d laugh it off, but he’s a real jerk with his replies. Understand that this is a public forum. If you ask a question, you’re gonna get answeres you like and don’t like. Take from them what you will. No need to be a jerk.

Grow up, If you cant handle being corrected when you give bad facts Dobe dont hold a grudge boss.
Which it is obvious by your posts here and in other recent threads such as you are doing now. So much for laughing off comments huh? More like a touch too sensitive about many, too many threads where you are not the OP, nor the main commentators. Nice way to interject your personal spin on everything you dont touch huh, try being an originator instead of a follower for once and then you will have earned the right to talk &hit.

I am blunt and if I ask for facts and you like to give out opinion or rehash blundering fool type BS, I will surely tell you directly you are bull&hit. If that is too hard to handle it is blatant that some mental health and or personal ego is holding you back from accepting truth.(This applies to any/all haters>>>>now back to DOBE>>>) Again grow up and be an adult that can handle all types of races, paces and attitudes. As stated in another thread you were not in direct conversation with me here, what makes you Vaughn’s savior and/or an expert on conversation for any one else for that matter? They will speak up if they feel a need as I would think each and every member are their own man/woman and will speak if they determine they have a need, not everyone lives in lala land and can accept my blunt nature for what it is instead of whining about others posting style or comments. What I do get in this thread is many are too high and mighty and need to be knocked down a peg or two because obviously they are masters in forum discussion and from what I gather if your not a nice little compact forum sheep that follows imaginary sugarcoat rules then others will talk &hit. Eat Crow is my final word here.

P.S. My grandparents taught me this and I will leave it food for thought:
Is the person making derogatory comments about others (IE comment made: “jerk” & “giant tape worm up our ass” ) actually commenting on reflection of ones true self? Karma sucks that way huh.

This is hilarious! Thanks for a good laugh. :smiley:

I don’t know the exact maltster that Northern Brewer uses. Have you tried calling the store and asking an employee?