NB Irish Red - Loss of flavor

Hello,

I brewed this in August and after a couple weeks of bottle conditioning I tried the brew. It had a chemically taste after a couple more weeks the chemical taste converted into a rich toffee/coffee notes. The beer was phenomenal now the beer tastes and smells yeasty and sulfuric like bread yeast.

I cooled my wort within 15 min and pitched my yeast in the high 60s. I fermented it at around 62.

What happened? Will some aging improve the taste?

TIA

How long has it been in the bottles? How many beers have you tried? Is it possible that some bottles weren’t cleaned and sanitized as well as others? Are you leaving the beers in the frig a few days before drinking and pouring slowly into a glass being sure to leave the yeast behind?

I’ve noticed that beers I don’t let chill long enough take on a bready character to them.

No more will I crash a bottle in a bucket of ice for 30 minutes so I can drink it sooner.

2 days in the fridge, bare minimum.

I keep two six-packs rotating in my fridge. One in the back that’s chilling, one in the front that I’m drinking. Drink, replace, repeat.

I’v probably had 3/4 of the beer already.

I noticed I had one batch at 66F and another at room temp(78F). The 78F batch was ok and then I had one from the 66F batch and it was a little under-carbonated but had a lot better taste.

I’m thinking maybe I’ve had the 66F batch already and I’m left drinking the 78F batch.

I’ve also noticed that the head on my beers get clumpy. I’ve ended spooning some of it out. This also happened on White House Honey that turned out great.

Gabriel

[quote=“stompwampa”]
I keep two six-packs rotating in my fridge. One in the back that’s chilling, one in the front that I’m drinking. Drink, replace, repeat.[/quote]
+1 That’s exactly my process as well.