NB Black IPA Kit

I recently got into the Brewing TV series (haha, I know, I’m a little late) and last night I watched the CDA vs BIPA episode (#10). I have had a few that I have found at stores, although none they they highlighted in that episode, and loved them. Does anyone have experience with the BIPA extract kit they sell here at NB?

Or does anyone have a good BIPA extract recipe they would be willing to share?

Thanks All!

I have made the BIPA recipe from NB and found it quite good

The BIPA kit from northern brewer is really good although I prefer their pro series Lakefront IBA kit if you’re looking for the Black/Cascadian/whatever you want to call it style.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I hadn’t seen the Lakefront BIPA Pro Series kit until you mentioned it. Not sure which direction I will go but it is good to know that they are both worthy kits.

:cheers:

The black IPA is very tasty.

[quote=“GeerBoggles”]Thanks for the replies fellas. I hadn’t seen the Lakefront BIPA Pro Series kit until you mentioned it. Not sure which direction I will go but it is good to know that they are both worthy kits.

:cheers: [/quote]

Black IPA is more boozy, a bit less hoppy while Lakefront’s IBA is more drinkable because of its lower gravity although I think a bit better hop character.

Screw it, order both and do each of them and then tell us what you think! :cheers: