NB Belgian Triple IPA vs. Brewer's Best Belgian IPA?

Next time I see a sale, I was thinking about buying a Belgian IPA of some sort. For a summer lawnmower beer, would you want something higher or lower gravity? Based on the lower OG, the Brewer’s Best kit seems to look nice.

Many Belgian IPAs are Tripels, so while they would be perfect for a Texas lawnmower beer, you might need to drop the ABV a little elsewhere.

This. If its an easy-drinker with some belgian yeast character you are after, I would go with a belgian pale ale/belgian blonde kit.

The Brewer’s Best kit has an OG of 1.056, so I thought it might theoretically be a little easier, especially after a winter of 1.08+ beers. :lol:

[quote=“s2y”]The Brewer’s Best kit has an OG of 1.056, so I thought it might theoretically be a little easier, especially after a winter of 1.08+ beers.[/quote]Gotta take into account the attenuation of the Belgian strains, though - a 1.056 beer made with 3787 will finish in the single digits, so you’re looking at ~7% ABV.

New Belgium’s Belgo is 7%, which is why I was leaning towards Brewer’s Best at this time.

Yeah, when I think lawnmower beer I’m not thinking ~8%ABV. I’d go much lower if that’s what you’re looking for. But that’s just me. There’s nothing inheriently wrong with an 8% Belgian Triple in the spring :cheers: .