NB all grain recipes: no longer lists ingredients?

A while back I remember that NB used to list their ingredients for their all grain version of kit beers. When did this stop? anyone know? any way to get these recipes, or does NB now not want folks to know their recipes? Thanks.

Online click on your kit, go to the additional information tab next to product details, and then there is a recipe and instructions link

you could always buy a kit. then you have the recipe list on paper. 8)

Hmmmmm… the pdf’s don’t seem to be coming up for me either. Not sure if it is a glich, maybe an adobe update I need to do, my Mac, perhaps my computer illiteracy . . . . . But for whatever reason, when I click on the additional information tab and then click where the recipe has always been, it just goes to a blank page.

hhmmmm. I just tried. working for me. get a Dell XPS710. :lol:

Must be me/my computer - My desktop is a Dell - I will try that tomorrow.

They’re working with my iPad.

still works for me. If Nb ever stopped displaying the recipes for their kits online I’d never order another kit from them

They’re working on my laptop, home PC, and phone.

Yeah - just my computer… not even the computer - just firefox on my mac. Actually, opens up the pdf’s in safari or chrome, just not in firefox. Must need an update or something that I did not do.

that sounds a bit drastic to me.

I really enjoy that NB lists their ingredients. I have easily spent $1000’s of dollars with them over my brewing time. I have only order a handful of kits though. I buy all my grain bulk (vast majority of the time it has been NB). I follow their recipes, using the ingredients I have purchased in bulk.

I would say one of the #1 reasons I began, and continued to order through NB was access to their ingredient lists in their kits. I would look through the kits, find ideas for brewing and it was just simple to order through them too. Plus, their ingredients were always fresh, their service was always great, etc.

Always found it frustrating that other homebrew stores did not list their ingredients.

I bought quite a few kits from my local shop that were excellent when I first got started. Very fresh, you would watch them put the kits together. But they were so secretive about their recipes that they would put their labels over the Wyeast strain names.

Once I got a handle on the process, I found it very frustrating not to have a clue what grains, extract or hops were in a recipe.

They are great guys and helped me a lot, but I needed more info and got tired of paint by number brewing.

that sounds a bit drastic to me.[/quote]

The way NB lists their recieps is one of my favorite things about them.
Recipe creation is what interests me the most about brewing. So when i brew a kit and i know whats in it i can make notes about things i’d change, things i like… even before i brew it i can compare to simlar recipes to get idea on how the parts come together.
But if they just said a propriety blend of grains and a propriety blend of hops it would kinda be a waste, minus some awesome tasting homebrew guess it wouldnt really be a waste but id rather know whats in the kit

[quote=“560sdl”]I bought quite a few kits from my local shop that were excellent when I first got started. Very fresh, you would watch them put the kits together. But they were so secretive about their recipes that they would put their labels over the Wyeast strain names.
[/quote]
:shock:
Wow, that’s messed up. A big part of the fun of the hobby for me has been learning how different yeast strains affect flavor.

Most of the NB kits that I’ve tried have been because the recipe interested me. I love how open they are and how creative some of their recipes are as well (Rebel Red was a limited edition kit they don’t even sell any more but I keep making it since they shared the recipe).

They do have you make the kit if you buy it at the store so I guess the only positive if they were secretive is you wouldn’t have to weigh out the grains yourself. :wink:

What was the rebel red?

Irish red, american red?

Would love to see it’s recipe.

Seemed to come up just fine on my Commodor 64!
:lol:

[quote=“deadeye1”]Seemed to come up just fine on my Commodor 64!
:lol: [/quote]

Hey, I’ve still got one of those!

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“deadeye1”]Seemed to come up just fine on my Commodor 64!
:lol: [/quote]

Hey, I’ve still got one of those![/quote]
Right next to your black-and-white TV and your console stereo?