Narragansett Porter

Has anyone tried this yet? I had one last night and was very surprised by it. First sip tasted ok, then second sip much better. I had low expectations for it maybe that’s why I liked so much. The price was right also, $7.99 for a six of 16 oz cans.

Considering those involved with its’ production it isn’t bad at all. This beer is not in the same league as some of the better micro offerings or imports but it does taste like porter and is always fresh which is a plus. The pricing and mild profile make it an excellent entry level beer for current non-craft drinkers to the world of better brews.

To be fair, it is brewed at a different site than the Lager and Light Lager. All their craft beer works are brewed in NY.

To be fair, it is brewed at a different site than the Lager and Light Lager. All their craft beer works are brewed in NY.[/quote]

Yes, I know that. High Falls/Gennesse produces the basic lager. The porter was co-developed and produced in conjunction with a Providence brewpub and a Connecticut micro brewery who have made a lot of questionable beer in the past. That was what I was alluding to. :cheers: