Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

My first post and my keezer!

Hi all - I have been browsing these forums for a while, but never registered. Well, I just finished construction on my keezer over the weekend, and I need to share this beauty with people who will appreciate it! I have shown it to some neighbors, family members, etc. but I want some fellow brewers to sound off on this.

So, it is all done except the paint job. I will be putting a bonding primer (designed for tricky surfaces like plastic and metal) on the exterior tonight, and then applying a chalkboard paint once the primer is ready.

The chalkboard paint is really cool, because I will be able to write on the lid what is in each tap, type of grains, hops, yeast, OG, ABV, etc.

Finally, major kudos due to the MPLS NB location. I walked in with a pretty good idea of what I needed to finish the job, but the staff there knew everything from the bottom up, and had good suggestions about enhancements I hadn’t thought of. Muchas gracias, NB!

Cheers, everyone! :cheers:

Looks good, man. Me and my stepdad built one up a month or so ago and it’s quite nice. I like having the chest freezer, I can cold crash my carboys on the compressor hump.

Thanks man!

The cold crashing is a great idea. I have plenty of room for the gas tank on the bottom, so I can free up the hump for a carboy. I built a Son of Fermentation Chiller a few weeks ago and after immersion chilling, have been dropping carboys in there for a while before pitching. It works alright, but it takes a while to get down to where I really want it and I have to change the ice pretty regularly trying to cool an 80 degree carboy. The keezer will be much better.

[quote=“Turkeygecko”]Thanks man!

The cold crashing is a great idea. I have plenty of room for the gas tank on the bottom, so I can free up the hump for a carboy. I built a Son of Fermentation Chiller a few weeks ago and after immersion chilling, have been dropping carboys in there for a while before pitching. It works alright, but it takes a while to get down to where I really want it and I have to change the ice pretty regularly trying to cool an 80 degree carboy. The keezer will be much better.[/quote]
Right, that’s what I do for lagers; chill them over night in the kegerator on that compressor hump. Just bung the carboy when doing that or cold crashing after primary, and that’s it. Love it. Although, yesterday, I finished up earlier than usual, so I moved the carboy into my fermentation fridge, set at 50F before bed. It was down to about 57F when I went to bed, so I figured in 8 more hours it might get down too cold since my kegerator is set to 40F. It was right at 50F when I pitched the yeast this morning. Perfect. It’s just great to have the option to cold crash in either, depending on how fast I need to chill the wort down.
Cheers & beers.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com