I recently started my very first brew, a honey porter, and would like some insight as to what I have noticed so far.
I pretty much followed the instructions as closely as possible, so the setup went rather well. The wort started fermenting within hours of pouring the yeast in and I actually had foam escaping through the air lock by the end of the second day of fermenting. Later the next day all of the foam was gone but it appeared to still have some activity. So, I quickly pulled the airlock off and cleaned and sanitized it, then put it back in place. Did I screw anything up, or was what I did ok for the brew.
The reason I ask is now there doesn’t seem to be any activity and I am only three days into fermentation.
Any insight would be most helpful.