My biggest brew day tomorrow

On Friday I am planning to do a 5 gallon bourbon porter followed by a 10 gallon SMaSH brew. One day, 15 gallons! What a way to spend a Friday

Sounds like a good way to spend a Friday.

Wow!!! what a great Friday!!!..Tank :cheers:

Sounds fun! :cheers:

Holy crud! 15 gallons of beer in a day is a major task. The 10 gallon was difficult since I only have an 8 gallon pot. So I had to treat it as two 5 gallon batches. I started at 8:30 AM and finished at 12:45 Saturday morning.

I too, had my biggest brew day ever on Friday. I brewed from 7am to 7pm and made 45 gallons of Bell’s Black Note clone for our brew club’s 20th anniversary bourbon barrel project. Then I did a 15 gallon partigyle with the spent grains from it.

OG was 1.105 and 1.069 for the partigyle.

LOL! OK, well I gues you put my 15 gallons to shame, But I suspect you have a kettle that is larger than 8 gallons. I have not progressed that far into my brewing career yet.

[quote=“in_the_basement”]LOL! OK, well I gues you put my 15 gallons to shame, But I suspect you have a kettle that is larger than 8 gallons. I have not progressed that far into my brewing career yet.[/quote]Well, that is not my intent. Yes, my kettle is 25 gallons but we both had our biggest brew day ever. It’s a lot of work and I’m still beat from it as I’d bet you are too. :cheers: