Mustache Envy Stout

I ordered the Mustache envy stout. Little did I know that it’s 16 pounds of grain. I only have a 5 gal cooler and a 7.5 gal pot (also a 5 gal pot). Any way to do this with the equipment I have?

Mash 1/2 at a time, one right after the other. You’ll be fine with 8lb in the 5gal cooler. Choose your mash ratio and sparge water so you get 6gal preboil. You want 3gal of wort from each “half-mash”. For equal runnings, that means you need to run off 1.5gal from each half-mash. Add in the pint per lb that stays in the grain and you want to use 2.5gal of mash water, or 1.25qt/lb mash ratio. Its thick but do-able. Then sparge with another 1.5gal and that’ll give you 3gal of wort for each half. This will give you a little lower efficiency but should be halfway close to what NB expects.

The other thing you could do is to do 1/2 at a time including the boil, using a higher mash ratio and a longer boil. Chill the wort and transfer, then start the second half. It’ll be a long day this way, probably 8hr.