Most Recommended Faucets?

I need to pick up 4 faucets in the near future and am wondering what I should get. It seems like SS is the way to go, and the forward locking Perlick seems to be popular, but I’m wondering if there are other options I should consider or which model of Perlick.

I have 425SS Perlicks with the removable nozzles and have been very pleased. They are getting harder and harder to find, so if you can find them, pick up all four at the same time.

I have 5 Ventmatic forward sealing with removable nozzles. They are not available anymore but still good to search for in eBay and craigslist once in a while.

Are these the same as the 525SS but only with removable nozzles? Is the main difference that they’re easier to clean?

Since they’re no longer readily available, do you think finding replacement parts would ever become an issue? (I don’t really know if these things ever require parts, or if they’re pretty much indestructible…)

Are these the same as the 525SS but only with removable nozzles? Is the main difference that they’re easier to clean?

Since they’re no longer readily available, do you think finding replacement parts would ever become an issue? (I don’t really know if these things ever require parts, or if they’re pretty much indestructible…)[/quote]
They are not the same faucet, both are excellent. Replacment parts for the 425 are available at Perlick.com

I think the 525SS faucets also have less parts. The main thing you would be replacing if they need service would be a gasket or o-rings. Never had either issue with mine.

If you go with the persick, I just ordered 3 of the 525SS w/shanks from beverage factory. seemed to be the best price with my limited research.

:cheers:

Thanks. That is a nice price.

The 425SS and 525SS are different. The 425 design was licensed from the Ventmatic patent, which has an internally guided piston that perform the actual sealing. Perlick came out with the 525 ca. 2009 presumably to get around the patent, and it uses the ball on the end of the faucet handle to do the sealing directly, dropping the guided part. So they feel different when you close the tap handle, the 525 feels a little ‘spongy’ compared with the 425. The 525’s are also about $10/faucet cheaper.

Fundamentally the 425 seems like a more reliable design and has a more solid mechanical feel. But because I’m cheap I have 6 525’s on the kegerator and they work just fine. Haven’t had any problems in the last 3 years. Parts shouldn’t be an issue with either of these, there are thousands in bars all over the country which will need parts for mayn years to come.