Mom got ahold of my brewing equipment

At the beginning of the summer I leant some stuff to my brother who has an interest in brewing . After his first batch our mom saw the bottling, and fermenting buckets in the basement, and used them to ferment her pickles. Now both buckets still have a cucumber smell. Will a light bleach water soak remove the smell?

I would write “Pickles” on the outside in perm. marker and give it to mom for x-mas, and then go get a new bucket and give it to yourself for x-mas.

If in doubt, toss is my motto. Why would I waste a batch on a $5.00 item?

ha ha ha lol funny stuff!

I’m inclined to replace the buckets and do as the previous posters stated, give them to her for Christmas and you gift yourself new buckets.

I replace buckets pretty rapidly myself. I notice that even after airing out and a good soak/cleaning they can harbor smells from brewing. I end up rotating the IPA buckets down to the darker brews before they get retired from fermentation due to this fact.

Pickles are great things, I just don’t think you could reuse those buckets for brewing with out long durations of not using them if you are lucky.

We decided to replace the first bucket we bought from 2 years ago. The inside was getting scratched and has some weird textures going on. Now it’s a sanitary bucket.

And she’s not going to understand you putting her in a sub standard home in 20 years. :wink:

[quote=“Rookie L A”]
And she’s not going to understand you putting her in a sub standard home in 20 years. :wink: [/quote]
I would just write “Nursing Home” on the outside of the bus station in perm. marker …