Mold?

About a month ago, I accidentally pushed a bung into my primary…I knew it would be infected but how bad? I racked it a week ago into the secondary to sit on some hops…the gravity sample tasted amazing. Now I have it in the fridge to cold crash and noticed something troublesome. There is a very organic shaped slick or film with sporadic off-white spots that may be fuzzy but hard to tell without magnification. I have never had this problem, and feel pretty certain it is the result of the bung episode. What to do? I don’t want to waste the whole batch. Palmer says that most molds can be skimmed off the top and there shouldn’t be any problems. What to skim with? Anyone have any experience with this? Also, there is definitely something in suspension that looks kind of like bells pale ale…but I used 1056…so I’m stumped. I plan on tasting it first before I rack to the bottling bucket.

If it tastes OK I’d bottle and drink it fast. I wouldn’t skim, just rack out from under it.

+1. Rack from underneath and leave the slick behind even if you lose some beer. Bottle and drink quickly!