MLT Braid Failure

These are water supply lines. Used in sink and toilet applications. IMO there will be no flavor issues.

Do you have some solid electrical wire hanging around? You could wrap that around a pencil and feed it into the braid to give it some rigidity.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]
Do you have some solid electrical wire hanging around? You could wrap that around a pencil and feed it into the braid to give it some rigidity.[/quote]

The pencil could cause an off flavor :lol:

+1.
Sorry, when this made me Lol, I had to.
Maybe an appropriately shaded marker based on SRM?

:roll:

:cheers:

I think I’ll test the tube option tonight in 170* water for 20 minutes and make changes from there if necessary. I think I like the spring option the best, but I thought I’d work with materials I already paid for first :wink: .

FWIW I have a 20" SS braid in a loop inside of rubbermaid 10g cooler. I used regular 14g copper wire from some spare romex I had wrapped around a pencil into a long “spring” and carefully threaded into the braid (removed pencil of course). At .030 gap I’ve never had a stuck sparge or a collapsed braid. Copper is pretty inert for our application and super cheap. Romex is nice and stiff. Did I really just say that?

Paul

How tight are you wrapping that wire around the pencil? So each wind is touching the last, or is it spread out with one turn per 1/4" or so?