Miller Genuine Stout AKA Guinness Draught

Maybe Bud Black would better describe it. I guess “Enjoy Straight From the Bottle” should be a clue. It just seems like the target drinker is now small children.
In the past it was visually appealing with the Rocket Widget, but now it is flat and watered down. I’ll just stick with buying Extra Stout and brewing my own.

It is definitely lighter bodied for a dark beer, and one of the reasons I cringe when people say Guinness is too heavy.

I personally enjoy it, especially on tap. It is a beer that is smooth, has great texture and mouthfeel, and a beer that I can have three of and not feel smashed. Honestly, it is a great beer IMO, but don’t drink it out of a bottle. 8)

The Foreign Extra Stout is a whole other realm of Guinness, and it is fantastic.
:cheers:

[quote=“colombo117”]It is definitely lighter bodied for a dark beer, and one of the reasons I cringe when people say Guinness is too heavy.

I personally enjoy it, especially on tap. It is a beer that is smooth, has great texture and mouthfeel, and a beer that I can have three of and not feel smashed. Honestly, it is a great beer IMO, but don’t drink it out of a bottle. 8)

The Foreign Extra Stout is a whole other realm of Guinness, and it is fantastic.
:cheers: [/quote]

I had a bunch of Foreign Extra in Jamaica… it’s very different from the Foreign Extra available in the US. The Carribean version is much dryer, for one.

I love Guinness, mostly because it is lighter, dry, and low alcohol. Don’t much drink it in the bottle or cans anymore. It is usually my end of a long night of drinking beer. Think it is very unfair to compare it to the big guys.

Draught Guinness (in bottle, can, or from the tap) definitely has it’s place.
It’s pretty refreshing, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, fairly low in alcohol as opposed to regular bottled Guinness Extra or Guinness Foreign Extra (which as far as I’m concerned is a benchmark Irish stout). Often times when I’m out to my local hang, I’ll even choose it over a “craft” selection when I’m in the mood.

I think I enjoy the Draught Guinness because it proves that a dark and flavorful beer doesn’t necessarily have to hit you over the head and numb your tastebuds (beers like that have their place too).

I think that there’s lots of palates out there that have become jaded by the American penchant for excess.