Milestone

I got my kit at Christmas this past year. I brewed my first 5 gallon brew the following weekend (New Year’s weekend) Yesterday I hit batch # 20. 100 Gallons You might say I’m HOOKED!!!

Still doing extract or have you moved to All Grain ? Reason I ask Is I brewed extract for way to long and finally moved to All Grain (wish I would have started sooner) Nothing wrong with extract brewing but I do make better beer with All Grain brewing . Congrats on your batch #20 !

Still doing the extract at this point. I have a small room attached to my garage that I am in process of converting into brew room. Once I get this finished and can get all my other stuff out of house (wife is on my ass) I plan to start dabbling in the all grain. I cant bring any more equipment into house at this point. LOL

You really don’t need much more equipment to go all grain. Check out dennybrew.com. That’s what I did. Cheap and works great.

Brew. In. A. Bag.

Congrats Junius! Fun, eh?
Go AG when and if you want to and are ready
I second the Dennybrew site. A 5G(10G would be better) round picnic cooler and a braid makes it simple. A 10G BK and a propane burner as well. Plus, of course, a lot of reading…
:cheers:

I’ve been brewing since father’s day 2 years ago. Well over 50+ extract batches, and now I’m doing partial mash (the only extra equipment you need is a paint strainer bag), and when I’ve used up the two kits I’ve got stockpiled…All GRAIN!!!

+1 check out dennybrew.com…this is the set-up i’ll be using.

Brew on!!! :cheers:

Wow I’m slacking just hit 14 and I started last August. Grats on 20 see you at 50.

I think I’m approaching my 2 year anniversary and I only have 17 batches total :frowning: I’m a slacker!

Been doing a decent amount of lagers lately and those really slow me down cause my lager chest and my fermentation chamber are the same thing…so I can’t lager and ferment at the same time. I’m not really in much of a hurry to hit any milestone. I already have too much stockpiled. I have 7-8 cases of beer in my basement and another 2 cases lagering right now. Anyone want to come over and drink some beer?

[quote=“mattnaik”]I think I’m approaching my 2 year anniversary and I only have 17 batches total :frowning: I’m a slacker!

Been doing a decent amount of lagers lately and those really slow me down cause my lager chest and my fermentation chamber are the same thing…so I can’t lager and ferment at the same time. I’m not really in much of a hurry to hit any milestone. I already have too much stockpiled. I have 7-8 cases of beer in my basement and another 2 cases lagering right now. Anyone want to come over and drink some beer?[/quote]
That’s another thing I’ve been wanting to get into. All ales for me thus far, normally 2-4 5gl fermenters going at a time. (Right now smoked mild and APA), but no lagers. Don’t have a ferm chamber yet, but when I find the right deal… :cheers:

[quote=“mattnaik”]I think I’m approaching my 2 year anniversary and I only have 17 batches total :frowning: I’m a slacker!

Been doing a decent amount of lagers lately and those really slow me down cause my lager chest and my fermentation chamber are the same thing…so I can’t lager and ferment at the same time. I’m not really in much of a hurry to hit any milestone. I already have too much stockpiled. I have 7-8 cases of beer in my basement and another 2 cases lagering right now. Anyone want to come over and drink some beer?[/quote]

Would like to try your ht clone…see how it compares to mine…too bad teleportation hasn’t been invented yet.

[quote=“DrGonzo”]I’ve been brewing since father’s day 2 years ago. Well over 50+ extract batches, and now I’m doing partial mash (the only extra equipment you need is a paint strainer bag), and when I’ve used up the two kits I’ve got stockpiled…All GRAIN!!!

+1 check out dennybrew.com…this is the set-up i’ll be using.

Brew on!!! :cheers: [/quote]
Dang! That’s a lot of brewing. I’m at 41 after 2-1/2 years and just pulled the trigger on my first mead kit. I’ve reduced my batch size so I can better align my desired brew frequency to my consumption rate.
I’ve decided I’m not a fan of Partial Mash because it’s not really any easier than just doing an AG BIAB. If you’re doing PM you can do AG.

15 months 1 extract kit that came with my starter set. 20 all grain 4 of which are lagers. I m going to do a lot more lagers this year.

I am 12 batches in to this hobby and I could say that I am a bit hooked because I just sank about 12k into a brew room/pub in my basement this past winter.

Brew Cat, I am interested in Lagers in my up coming line up. What do you find different/better or indifferent about lagers over ales? (Newb question) :smiley:

I am 12 batches in to this hobby and I could say that I am a bit hooked because I just sank about 12k into a brew room/pub in my basement this past winter.

Brew Cat, I am interested in Lagers in my up coming line up. What do you find different/better or indifferent about lagers over ales? (Newb question) :smiley: [/quote]

Well if you like German beer like bocks and octoberfest they are lagers. One of the lagers I brewed was my IPA recipe brewed with lager yeast that came out awesome. I just lowered the IBU a tad .It was Chrystal clear and it seemed that I could taste the different elements ,hops and malts, more distinctly. You need to pay attention to the fermentation temp and have a cold place like a garage in winter to lager them. It wasn’t as difficult as some would have you believe. If you have a refrigerator your golden.

Brew cat, your quote at the bottom, is the reason!! Sneezles61 :cheers:

That’s true. So you shouldn’t attempt lager until you have a good reserve to hold you over while you wait. By the way I don’t lager as long as some suggest.