Metabolizing beer components

Cheers,
Got an odd question. Any chemistry or medical nerds here? Hoping there is someone here who might know. Actually, I’m trying to figure out a medical situation with my Dr.

Can anyone think of some ingredient or component of beer that could take up to 7 hours to metabolize? I’m trying to figure out what triggers a reaction around 7 hours after drinking a beer (mild cardiac thingie). Alcohol was the first suggestion but it’s something that only seems to happen when drinking beer. Liquor does not seem to cause it.

Thanks in advance
B

Different beer different ingredients. If its an alergic reaction you need to narrow it down more. Id recommend stop drinking beer

Gluten?

Thought about Gluten, but I consume mass quantities with no issues.

Calcium Chloride… Look at that… I don’t think all brews have it…
Sneezles61

how do you react to wine?
Also are we talking about home-brew here or all beer?

1 Like

When I started drinking homebrew instead of store bought it took my body a while to adjust to the active yeast. I remember having some heartburn the 3rd -6th batch. My body has since adjusted and I’m also eating a lot of other active fermented foods as well these days.

Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to home brew for a few years. I’m partial to Belgium and Saisons. The last significant episode was after a Duval.

haven’t noticed anything, but don’t drink much of it.

I’ll make a note…