Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Messed up my bottle conditioning

So here in MN we actually had a cold snap this winter. The basement room i usually condition in is typically around low 60’s…well i didn’t realize it dropped to mid 50’s.
All the bottles that were in there haven’t carbed and have a yeast layer at the bottom.
Would it it be fine to move them to a room now about 10 degrees warmer and hope that the yeast wake up and carb?

Move them to a room that’s 20* warmer if possible. Gently invert them 2x a day for a week and I bet your problem is solved.

In the future bottle one beer in a 20 oz soda bottle, when you can feel the plastic bottle firm up, you know your glass bottles are carbed.

Thanks!
I’ve seen the soda bottle option mentioned many times…unfortunately not until after bottling this last batch.

Nice tip! I’m just about to bottle so i’ll have to try that.

[quote=“n0BreW0b”]Nice tip! I’m just about to bottle so i’ll have to try that.[/quote]When you fill the plastic bottle, stop about 2" from the lip, then squeeze the sides of the bottle to push the beer up to the lip, hold steady, and screw on the cap. You can watch the beer level drop as the bottle carbs.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com