Mayby dumb question

On my trip to bogota. Me got invited for couple homebrew. During a ipa brew session. So here my question. Difference between. Natural gas. Or propane. Seems. It takes longer. To get the wort. Come to a boil. With natural gas. Vs propane. Gas. The dude William. Has a real nice burner. So should go fast

Propane does have more BTU’s per cubic foot than natural gas… Sneezles61

1 Like

Thanks

We’re on propane for appliances so they have to put in a conversion kit with different orifice. I wonder if there’s a conversion from propane for burners using NG?

1 Like

Over here they use propane gas. When i did buy my stove and oven at wall mart. Long time ago. The lady did ask natural or propane gas. So they gave us a conversion kit

The orffice of propane is quite a bit smaller than natural gas… If you try to burn using the natural gas orffice, it will burn with a lot of soot… Sneezles61

1 Like

No here on bonaire we do use propane gas. Me thinking. Me got large. Gas bottles. For the house. For the beer project i use small bottles. On a small bottle about 6 brew sessions. Before empty. So me thinking if i make a spliter in between the gas hose what goes into the kitchen. I can use. This to connect to my burner. There is a gas regulator on the big bottles

1 Like

Your house appliances may have a regulator to step the pressure down again…
My old brew sculpture had 2 burners… One was low pressure which had a regulator that attached to the gas tank and the control valve was right at the end of the hose… The other burner was a high pressure unit… It had the control on the regulator… I believe it was to adjust the pressure… Not the volume of gas… One was 75,000 BTU’s and the other was 175,000 BTU’s… Sneezles61

2 Likes

See now i am not sure. My burner. In the brew area has a separate. Regulator atached. While. My propane tanks. For the house as well. For now me gonna look for a tank. Saturday. Got one day off. Mayby do a saterday afternoon. Session. Did find out. From son in law. They. Sell now gas. At the car fuel station. At least he is good for something. This time son in law

3 Likes

Why not hook up to your house supply, put the regulator for your burner in line and test the burner… If it appears to burn like it should, your go to go… If it hardly throws a flame, then you will remove and give it another test… Sneezles61

1 Like