Mash Tun for Step Mashing 10 Gallons

I’m looking to move my brewhouse indoors this winter and at the same time move up to brewing 10 gallon batches. I’ve got most of my equipment planned out except for my mash tun.

I was hoping to construct a mash tun that gives me the option of step mashing from time to time. Cost isn’t really a limiting factor here. I envision something like a keg cut in half (or 15 gallon kettle) with a false bottom and recirculating line and pump. My heat source could be gas but it would really be nice to go electric if posssible. I just don’t know if an immersion heater would get in the way of the recirc. process during the step mash. Also, I’m wondering how to address the heat loss problem once I hit my target mash temp. I’m assuming that it’ll be difficult to maintain a consistant temp. if I’m not using a cooler like I am now.

Anyway, I’m not looking for an exact design or anything, just a point in the right direction. I’m kind of familiar with the HERMES design but i’m not sure if their are other options.