Manual pump for carboy?

Do you suppose it might be possible to use a manual pump straight on the carboy for beer with no cooling or carbonation?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APU2Y8Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use it for…what?
Racking?

It would be a PITA to clean whatever ya’ used it for, since I doubt it can be disassembled.

[quote=“Stealthcruiser”]Use it for…what?
Racking?

It would be a PITA to clean whatever ya’ used it for, since I doubt it can be disassembled.[/quote]

+1

Looks like it’s made to fill a glass, not a carboy. I bet your arm would quickly get tired of pumping.

Are you talking about serving straight from the carboy? If so it might be worth a try as long as you can disassemble to clean.
I wouldn’t use it to transfer beer from one vessel to another.

Right, I was saying serve straight from the carboy secondary fermenter. What would you use to clean the pump line? My understanding of the pump is that it puts air into the carboy to draw out liquid by air pressure. Is there too much contamination risk from putting air in?

The item description does say cleaning kit included. We’ll see what that means when it arrives.

If you let your beer bulk age, it will be fairly flat. You could prime and let it sit. The pump will introduce air. Not so much a risk of contamination, but oxidation.

Just like a hand pump on a Sanke, it will go south pretty quick.

The instructions say the item is for use with water only. Oh well.